Good cooking forums?

Lost

Looking through
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to get some new hobbies and I want to pick up cooking.

So I was wondering if you knew any good cooking forums.

Community wise, recipes, and techniques.

I basically use it as a starting point for something new I want to make, but half the fun for me is just experimenting and modifying recipes, adding ingredients I think I'll like.

chowhound is okay

chefsteps is pretty cool and has some cool videos

Hey guys, I'm trying to get some new hobbies and I want to pick up cooking.

So I was wondering if you knew any good cooking forums.

Community wise, recipes, and techniques.

One tip I do think is good...buy good cookware. I hate the cheap stuff. Buy less, good cookware. I'm not talking overpriced to the point of ridiculousness but good quality stuff.

It'll make the process more enjoyable. For instance I have 3 sets of tongs...one just got tossed in the garbage, pure crap. The deeper the scallop the better the grip...I got tired of meat slipping out of the cheap pair. I also like open areas to work on and good surfaces to prep on and big bowls to mix, marinade in, etc.

Buy a meat thermometer that let's you set the internal temp and walk away. No worrying about how long it's been in the oven at what temp and then find out your oven runs hotter or colder than what you set it for...while you work on other things.

I also like America's Test Kitchen...the nerds of cooking. Funny nerds though.

I've got a food blog that I've been promoting on here.
Link is on the signature, although I don't have many recipes up now, I will add more in the future.
http://dankfoods.net

I got a good cooking thread on here its shows some meals Ive made and peoples feedback.

I knew you were going to show up in here hahaha I couldn't believe some people could talk shit about your food man I can't cook worth the shit but I would've killed for some of that food I'm so sick of takeout and fast food

Back