Good BJJ gyms in London?

London fight factory and fight zone london. I also second Mill Hill as an excellent place to train. They are also very neutral, same with fight zone london.

Neutral in terms of politics?

look up lloyd gordon, the guy is a psychopath, best grappling based fighter i ever met, not good for pure bjj but from an mma perspective he is great and is also almost impossible to take down

As far as the guys that I know:
Roger Gracie (of course) has his academy in London.
London Shoot Fighters East has a great team.
Diesel Gym has "10th Planet Jiu Jutsu London" (instructor is certified under Eddie Bravo)
There's also a Gracie Barra near London Bridge.
Hope that helps :)

Nick and Canha allow anyone from any team train with them and appreciate it. It doesnt matter about whether u r from GB or checkmat.

I have to disagree. I've seen Marco storm off and kick chairs over losing to specific teams because of rivalries. Fightzone and Fight Factory both seem to be in the thick of any london rivalries. Nothing against them personally, but that's just what I see - but then I've never trained there personally.

TS I would 100% recommend never visiting Shootfighters. One of the worst attitudes I've seen from a team. Seem completely content with sandbagging and breaking rules and laughing at injuring opponents.

A friend of mine went to New York for a fortnight and didn't visit Marcelo's or Renzo's. I felt like hurting him. Badly.

That would hurt me deep down. Roger's just isn't my style, and I think to an extent it's more I can visit whenever without urgency, if I went to NY I'd refuse to leave without visiting MG.

I have to disagree. I've seen Marco storm off and kick chairs over losing to specific teams because of rivalries. Fightzone and Fight Factory both seem to be in the thick of any london rivalries. Nothing against them personally, but that's just what I see - but then I've never trained there personally.

TS I would 100% recommend never visiting Shootfighters. One of the worst attitudes I've seen from a team. Seem completely content with sandbagging and breaking rules and laughing at injuring opponents.

I havent seen that myself because I dont compete. Trust me, marco is one of the most chilled out instructors that i have met in my 7.5 years doing bjj with numerous instructors. There are always guys from other teams visiting and even invited. He is also cool with students cross training at other gyms.

I thought the same of shoot fighters till I met a few of their students and instructors, especially max campos. They were nice guys. Perhaps its people from the mma side who cause problems.

Are they the team that were doing those body slams on that white belt a few yrs ago?

I havent seen that myself because I dont compete. Trust me, marco is one of the most chilled out instructors that i have met in my 7.5 years doing bjj with numerous instructors. There are always guys from other teams visiting and even invited. He is also cool with students cross training at other gyms.

I thought the same of shoot fighters till I met a few of their students and instructors, especially max campos. They were nice guys. Perhaps its people from the mma side who cause problems.

I'm not saying Marco isn't a nice guy, and I know for a fact that he lets other teams train there, but at competition the Brazilians can get very angry when they lose to certain guys, and shouting across the mats and swearing when there are kids still competing makes me think they're not exactly neutral politically.

I've never associated with Shoot's MMA team. Pretty sure Maxi doesn't even really train with them. Most of their student's I've met I've wanted nothing to do with. Just seemed like a bad atmosphere. Also they're supposedly not very welcoming to newcomers.

Are they the team that were doing those body slams on that white belt a few yrs ago?

Yeah, that's London Shoot.

I would second the Gymbox suggestion if you want things in addition to hardcore BJJ. If you get the all access Gymbox membership you can go to the BJJ classes at the other Gymbox gyms which are done by Viking Wong and Ashleigh Grimshaw (in addition to the Cesar Lima) classes.

You also have access to Muay Thai, Boxing etc classes and a top quality gym. Though if you only want BJJ than maybe better to go to a pure BJJ gym

Back