Good BJJ gyms in Hong Kong?

Marbig

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm going to go to Hong Kong towards the end of June. I'll be staying there for a month and want to keep training while I am there. I used to live there but I was in the new territories. This time, I need a gym near central/sheun wan. Any suggestions?

I am considering Impakt or Triquest at the moment. Triquest because I heard they have really good coaches (Thomas Fan - BJJ bb) and Impakt because its literally a 5 minute walk from where I'll be. Obviously, how much it costs matters too - I have seen what seems like good gyms but they charge like $1600HKD/$205 USD a month to train under a brown belt. No way. Impakt/Triquest charge around $1200/$150 USD which I find more reasonable.

So yeah. If you know good gyms (or want to give a review on Impakt/Triquest), please comment! I am looking for unlimited training for around ~$1000-$1200 HKD (<$150) a month preferably with morning classes so I can fit in two sessions a day.

Thanks guys!

Hey

Can also suggest epic mma club which is where I train

Four resident black belts with awesome games

Problem may be you will be paying a bit more than you were expecting

Not sure what the shirts term rates are like

Kowloon bjj is the place to be for pure BJJ. http://www.kln-bjj.com. They're legit, Gi and no-gi classes, two black belts and browns teaching. I hope you're not dead set on central/ sheung wang cuz TST/jordan is just a few stops away.

Hey

Can also suggest epic mma club which is where I train

Four resident black belts with awesome games

Problem may be you will be paying a bit more than you were expecting

Not sure what the shirts term rates are like

Can you ask for me please? I heard about Epic MMA but they have not replied my email about short term stays (though I did email them on Friday so they might not have gotten to it)...

Kowloon bjj is the place to be for pure BJJ. http://www.kln-bjj.com. They're legit, Gi and no-gi classes, two black belts and browns teaching. I hope you're not dead set on central/ sheung wang cuz TST/jordan is just a few stops away.

Sounds wonderful. I see there is a student rate which I also like :)

Do you train there?

Anyways, thanks for the help guys! Please keep them coming!

Kowloon BJJ. More affordable than Epic and not that far away, like the 2nd stop from Central. Less than 5 minute walk from the TST station.

You can give Grips a try too... Stay away from Hayabusa, and don't ever leave your number with them, they will keep calling you...

Sounds wonderful. I see there is a student rate which I also like :)

Do you train there?

Anyways, thanks for the help guys! Please keep them coming!

Yeps I train there, unfortunately infrequent because of my job. Honestly, 1 month is just a blink of an eye, if I were you I'd try out a bunch of different dojo's. Besides the 1st class/trial is always free where ever you go. As above suggestion, avoid "hayabusa".

I was in Hong Kong for two nights last year and visited Kowloon BJJ, instruction and atmosphere at the club was so good I went back the next night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back