Good and bad experiences traveling for a UFC event?

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
How was your experience? Did any fights get canceled... i said fights, not flights...

I remember FallonFoxGOAT was going to see Jones / Rumble but was banned before I could ask him. Rumble fought DC instead of Jones which must have sucked for someone going to see Jon Jones.

The reason I ask is because if Fedor comes back I want to watch him fight live and unless he's scheduled to fight in Vancouver I'll have to fly to say Vegas, get tickets & hotel. Should be an easy trip but I've never done it.

Good and bad experiences traveling for a UFC. Let me know....

I've been to three UFCs including Dillashaw vs Barao 2 which ended up being Dillashaw vs Soto......

Edit: It's been a hit and a miss, I got to see Hendo vs Shogun but missed out on what I wrote above and other fights such as Belfort vs Le, Pettis vs Grant and Thomson, McCall and Dodson vs Jorgenson, Varner vs Healy, Gastelum vs McGee, Condit vs Brown, etc

I attended UFC 149. You know the rest...

Was at Fight Night 74 a few weeks ago. I took my friend who had never been to one before, we got drunk and had a great time.

Vegas is an awesome time; I had never been before and attended 181. Definitely attend a card in Vegas if you're a fight fan, it's a really good time.

Went to Fight Night in San Diego. It was pretty cool, got to meet Dan Henderson and Scott Jorgenson, bad side is I had to watch the disappointing Holm fight

Ufc Calgary

/thread

I bet. I was supposed to attend that one, and I'm glad I didn't. That card was a train wreck plagued with injuries.

Ufc owes Calgary and Seattle better cards.

Worst one was first card ufc did in seattle. That whole card was a snoozer aside from the Hendricks ko.

Worst ufc travel experience in vegas was ufc 49. Checked in at mgm, had some go go dancers with us heading to the room Friday night at 11pm, walked into my room, and looked in, and there was some fat middle aged guy laying on the bed in his boxers watching tv....lol

Mgm doubled booked our room.

Went back to the lobby, got our room upgraded, went to the new room, and the key cards wouldn't work.

Walked back to the lobby, the lady wrote wrong room numbers on the key card holder.

I was about ready to rip my hair out. The women we brought back were troopers though. They didn't say a word or complain.

After that it was a blast.

Last edited:
I'm sure FFG still went. He was bragging his ass off about going to 187 :icon_lol:

I traveled to the UFC event in Atlanta Georgia. My brother worked with a guy in a plant who happened to be a martial arts instructor and helped train Rich Franklin in the striking department when he was in town. once in Atlanta we got in touch with the instructor and he told us he was going to Rich's hotel to meet up with him before his fight with Matt Hamill. So we met up with the guy and went to the hotel and into some training room where Rich Franklin and his whole entourage was there. Then, we all went to his hotel room and waited well he took a shower. It was totally surreal. Afterword we all went to a restaurant and ate together and I sat beside Rich and made small talk. He was just like talking to an ordinary guy extremely down-to-earth and humble acting.

All good experiences on my end mate, me and couple mates went up to Sydney (Australia) not a long flight to see UFC 110. Was very disappointed that Dong Hyun Kim was removed from the card with injury as he is one of my fav fighters but the card turned out great. No regrets here, would love to catch a card over in the states tho, maybe next year.

Saskatoon was cool though met cote, Campbell and theodaorau. Got pretty hammered with Elias he's a cool guy

How was your experience? Did any fights get canceled... i said fights, not flights...

I remember FallonFoxGOAT was going to see Jones / Rumble but was banned before I could ask him. Rumble fought DC instead of Jones which must have sucked for someone going to see Jon Jones.

The reason I ask is because if Fedor comes back I want to watch him fight live and unless he's scheduled to fight in Vancouver I'll have to fly to say Vegas, get tickets & hotel. Should be an easy trip but I've never done it.

Good and bad experiences traveling for a UFC. Let me know....

I Traveled all the way to Brazil for UFC 147 (what was supposed to be Wanderlei Silva & Vitor Belfort).
First they changed Vitor to Rich Franklin.

Then, less than a month before the event, they moved the f'ing venue to another State/City.

I had Airplane tickets and hotels confirmed, couldn't change....

... had to watch the fight from the hotel room.....:icon_evil

Was pretty pissed about it! (though it is hard to stay pissed in Rio, at the beach!!!) :)

Back