Gonzaga vs. Rothwell

Theoctagon

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Haven't heard many people talking about this fight. I think Manbearpig is going to keep getting back on track, but im rooting for Rothwell in this one. He's gotta keep it on his feet though, otherwise he has to face the slick jitz of Gonzaga.

Who are you picking?

I honestly like this match up! Gonzaga is clearly a better grappler than Rothwell but if they stand and bang it out, it could go either way, my guess is that Gonzaga isn't gonna screw around though, I like Rothewell but if he gets put on the ground he's done

I would think Rothwell wins, but Gonzaga is so damn inconsistent that its hard to call.

Can't wait to see Napao fight again. I hope he wins this via sub in the first.

Rothwell looked to be in good shape in his last fight though, and we know he can take a savage beating so if he weathers the storm we could see him take this. Gonzaga has not shown great cardio in the past and Rothwell definitely takes punishment better.

Still, heavily cheering Gonzaga.

Im gonna take Gonzaga in this one

Manbearpig??? First time I heard this.....how long has this name been around?

Ben Rothwell the most underrated guy in the HW division only losing to top tier opponents. I think Rothwell pulls through.

Manbearpig??? First time I heard this.....how long has this name been around?

lol since 2009 at least. its a funny one. first time im hearing d'onofrio though to refer to him lol. thats great too.

I would think Rothwell wins, but Gonzaga is so damn inconsistent that its hard to call.

I'm lean towards thinking Rothwell wins because Gonzaga wilts when he gets puncheds hard a few times for the most part. I hope GG win big though. I know he has the talent and really want to believe he will put it all together.

Gonzaga is going to outclass Rothwell.

Depends on which Gonzaga shows up. A grappling based Gonzaga is still a legit threat to most fighters in the division.

I'm gonna pick Gonzaga by sub.

Really looking forward to this fight, and the whole card really. Would love to see Manbearpig submit him, but if this goes past the first round I think Rothwell will have it.

Depends on which Gonzaga shows up. A grappling based Gonzaga is still a legit threat to most fighters in the division.

I'm gonna pick Gonzaga by sub.

Also depends on what Rothwell shows up. He could come in injury free, well conditioned and confident. He could come in nursing a couple injuries and carrying some weight, know he had an ankle injury in 2012.

Really looking forward to this fight, and the whole card really. Would love to see Manbearpig submit him, but if this goes past the first round I think Rothwell will have it.

Rothwell isn't exactly known for his cardio either. I think it ends in the first no matter which way it goes.

Haven't heard many people talking about this fight. I think Manbearpig is going to keep getting back on track, but im rooting for Rothwell in this one. He's gotta keep it on his feet though, otherwise he has to face the slick jitz of Gonzaga.

Who are you picking?

Rothwell by a hard fought decision. Although it could go either way

Gonzaga is obviously the more talented fighter, but he's also a frontrunner and usually quits when things don't go his way in a fight

Back