Gonna get on the microphone down at Wal-Mart Talk about some sh** that's been on my mind

toasty

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Your generation sucks but it is not your fault. As you well know, because my generation taught you that. But this will not be another old man ranting about the kids on his lawn thread. In this thread I will assign blame to certain individuals for why you and your entire generation suck.

1st we go with Lyndon Johnson & Richard Nixon- their jab cross combination of lying about Vietnam and the Watergate scandal, added with the not their fault because they didn't want to get shot assassination combination of 2 Kennedys and MLK, pretty much ruined the belief that politicians had control, let alone your best interests at heart. The deaths of those 3 coupled with the media exposing the corruption they used to hide in simpler times, lead to a massive amount cynicism about politics.

Cynicism is the devil's sugar, it makes you feel good for a short while but leads to catastrophic problems because you don't try to change shit, you just let it fester with the "Oh well I'll probably get hit by a bus anyway" approach to life. This has slowly lead to an acceptance of political behavior and scandals that now make watergate look like a sissy tickle fight BUT those leaders stay in place and remain popular. Hell it took a miracle to get George Santos out and that guy was a fricking psycho.

2nd I blame Howard Stern- Much as I loved his show, Howard taught us a few really bad lessons. One do stupid crazy shit and we will celebrate you. Two never apologize. Three kicking people that are down in the case of celebrities and people caught up in scandals can be massively profitable. Four have no shame about talking about shit that should remain private. Now I watch people film themselves doing stupid dangerous criminal shit and posting it. not apologizing or having shame when caught for doing said shit. Celebrating other people's misery instead of trying to help them. And trying to monetize all of the above. If you listen to him now, you can hear that he realizes he did damage and is trying to absolve himself or seek absolution from others.

3rd the movie Wall Street & various rappers of the mid 80's. These two things promoted the Greed is Good, I got mine and fuck you if you need help, Get rich or die trying. approach to life that has blossomed into internet "influencers" getting paid millions to pose with fancy cars, a fuck you duck lips your beneath me mug and Richard Mille watches, as if this should be your only goals in life and zillions of followers believe that hollow shit.

I've met two major "influencers" and a ton of want to be "fluers" and the two I dealt with are two of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever know......So yeah, the 1970's hippies were wrong with that whole we don't have to work thing, but their goal of a peaceful loving society was better than the media corporate bullshit buy buy buy he who dies with the most toys consumerism pushed forth during crack and cocaine's run as our favorite drugs. listen to Imagine by Lenon, it is all in there except the lines Imagine we all work hard, and pay for all our needs......if he had added that, our world might be so very much better.

4th- This one is a little more nebulous but I'm going to go with Paris Hilton or maybe Jessica Simpson or it could be Anna Nicole Smith. Who I'm really searching for here, is the first "Scandalebrity" Maybe I'm being misogynistic but I feel it has to be a woman because both genders of your generation suck and one of these, or some other talentless woman who I'm forgetting taught an awful lot of young girls that to dress slutty, have lots of money, show little to know sign of intelligence, and get caught up in scandals was the ticket to success. We should've been teach Y'all to be like Lisa Simpson not Jessica, but we taught you sex tapes and vapidity = fame and Voila I got something called the Kardashians.

5th- I'm going to go with OJ. OJ taught us that fame allows you to get away with murder and the ensuing trial degraded our belief in both the justice system and the police.

6th- Steve Jobs- Gotta love what he did for us but even with his brilliance, I don't think he conceptualized giving every tween a camera and video recorder in their pocket would lead to the levels of absolute self absorption that leads to people walking off cliffs and getting hit by trains trying to take a picture of themselves to get more likes on Insta-Tok. you generation has its their heads stuck up their apps and no that is not a misspelling.

So I'm curious who Y'all blame for your generation being the worst ever on the planet? But remember it is not your fault, nothing ever is or ever will be.

Special thanks to Ben Folds Five, (@no fat chicks for his post in the job quitting thread that reminded me of the song All you can eat) suicidal tendecies, John Lenon and 50 Cent)

Last edited:
Your generation sucks but it is not your fault. As you well know, because my generation taught you that. But this will not be another old man ranting about the kids on his lawn thread. In this thread I will assign blame to certain individuals for why you and your entire generation suck.

1st we go with Lyndon Johnson & Richard Nixon- their jab cross combination of lying about Vietnam and the Watergate scandal, added with the not their fault because they didn't want to get shot assassination combination of 2 Kennedys and MLK, pretty much ruined the belief that politicians had control, let alone your best interests at heart. The deaths of those 3 coupled with the media exposing the corruption they used to hide in simpler times, lead to a massive amount cynicism about politics.

Cynicism is the devil's sugar, it makes you feel good for a short while but leads to catastrophic problems because you don't try to change shit, you just let it fester with the "Oh well I'll probably get hit by a bus anyway" approach to life. This has slowly lead to an acceptance of political behavior and scandals that now make watergate look like a sissy tickle fight BUT those leaders stay in place and remain popular. Hell it took a miracle to get George Santos out and that guy was a fricking psycho.

2nd I blame Howard Stern- Much as I loved his show, Howard taught us a few really bad lessons. One do stupid crazy shit and we will celebrate you. Two never apologize. Three kicking people that are down in the case of celebrities and people caught up in scandals can be massively profitable. Four have no shame about talking about shit that should remain private. Now I watch people film themselves doing stupid dangerous criminal shit and posting it. not apologizing or having shame when caught for doing said shit. Celebrating other people's misery instead of trying to help them. And trying to monetize all of the above. If you listen to him now, you can hear that he realizes he did damage and is trying to absolve himself or seek absolution from others.

3rd the movie Wall Street & various rappers of the mid 80's. These two things promoted the Greed is Good, I got mine and fuck you if you need help, Get rich or die trying. approach to life that has blossomed into internet "influencers" getting paid millions to pose with fancy cars, a fuck you duck lips your beneath me mug and Richard Mille watches, as if this should be your only goals in life and zillions of followers believe that hollow shit.

I've met two major "influencers" and a ton of want to be "fluers" and the two I dealt with are two of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever know......So yeah, the 1970's hippies were wrong with that whole we don't have to work thing, but their goal of a peaceful loving society was better than the media corporate bullshit buy buy buy he who dies with the most toys consumerism pushed forth during crack and cocaine's run as our favorite drugs. listen to Imagine by Lenon, it is all in there except the lines Imagine we all work hard, and pay for all our needs......if he had added that, our world might be so very much better.

4th- This one is a little more nebulous but I'm going to go with Paris Hilton or maybe Jessica Simpson or it could be Anna Nicole Smith. Who I'm really searching for here, is the first "Scandalebrity" Maybe I'm being misogynistic but I feel it has to be a woman because both genders of your generation suck and one of these, or some other talentless woman who I'm forgetting taught an awful lot of young girls that to dress slutty, have lots of money, show little to know sign of intelligence, and get caught up in scandals was the ticket to success. We should've been teach Y'all to be like Lisa Simpson not Jessica, but we taught you sex tapes and vapidity = fame and Voila I got something called the Kardashians.

5th- I'm going to go with OJ. OJ taught us that fame allows you to get away with murder and the ensuing trial degraded our belief in both the justice system and the police.

6th- Steve Jobs- Gotta love what he did for us but even with his brilliance, I don't think he conceptualized giving every tween a camera and video recorder in their pocket would lead to the levels of absolute self absorption that leads to people walking off cliffs and getting hit by trains trying to take a picture of themselves to get more likes on Insta-Tok. you generation has its their heads stuck up their apps and no that is not a misspelling.

So I'm curious who Y'all blame for your generation being the worst ever on the planet? But remember it is not your fault, nothing ever is or ever will be.

Special thanks to Ben Folds Five, (@no fat chicks for his post in the job quitting thread that reminded me of the song All you can eat) suicidal tendecies, John Lenon and 50 Cent)

giphy.gif

I would add more to that, but you’re definitely on point with most of what you said.

Putting more emphasis on succeeding at sports in highschool than success in academics is more damaging to America than anything in the OP.

We aren't going to move forward until local news broadcasts show a "signing day" for a high school senior signing her letter of intent to study physics at MIT.

Once we start telling kids there is more scholarship money in academics (even for non straight-A students) than athletics (the "full ride" is a misnomer) we will move forward.

Who the hell you calling crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch

Don't trust anyone, but also don't be cynical?
No what I'm shooting for is start to trust people a little more and fight against giving in to cynical surrendering. Plus I just thought is was a fun intellectual exercise to see who I could blame while never once admitting that this generation might not be the suckiest suckholes in sucking history. Find it funny nobody has jumped in yet to defend them.

There was is philosophically saying that goes something like "What a country glorifies it eventually becomes"

@Fluffernutter was hitting upon that in their reply, though they failed to give me a sacrificial scapegoat to blame for our rewarding sports over academic achievement. A nice "I blame Rosalyn Carter or Nancy Reagan" (there is that darn misogyny again) added to the end of that post would've made it so much better...

i think we've gone from glorifying great people doing great things to advance science like Madame Curie, or help people like Mother Teresa (trying to lessen my misogyny here not sure why since sherdog is 99.9% sausage) and gone on to glorifying people who "give no fuck, they take as much as they want" and that needs to shift.

Think about humans, we're baby piss weak when you put us on naked and afraid compared to just about everything out there that crawls, creeps, stalks, envenomnates (is that a word?), chomps, chews, claw, or stings. So how the fuck are we doing sitting on the top of the heap in this crazy mma match that is called life? IT IS BECAUSE WE HELPED EACH OTHER AND SACRIFICED FOR THE GOOD OF THE TRIBE.
lose that ideal and the cockroaches win.

Last edited:
Who the hell you calling crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch
I'm not crazy - institution
You're the one who's crazy - institution
You're driving me crazy - institution
They stuck me in an institution
Said it was the only solution
To give me the needed professional help
To protect me from the enemy - myself

Started reading with the expectation I'd be just mocking TS for typing out a War and Peace length rant. Ironically, because of my own cynicism.

Buuuuuuut...this motherfucker makes some damn salient points and even though I've read novellas shorter than his OP, he presented it in a compelling enough way that I'm not feeling it was time wasted at all.

I'll go with BJ to provide my view of TS's effort here:

<mma4>

Nice. I enjoyed reading. Would read it again.

But you’re wrong about OJ. He was found not guilty in a very thorough trial.
He also hired private detectives to help find the real killer.

No what I'm shooting for is start to trust people a little more and fight against giving in to cynical surrendering. Plus I just thought is was a fun intellectual exercise to see who I could blame while never once admitting that this generation might not be the suckiest suckholes in sucking history. Find it funny nobody has jumped in yet to defend them.

There was is philosophically saying that goes something like "What a country glorifies it eventually becomes"

@Fluffernutter was hitting upon that in their reply, though they failed to give me a sacrificial scapegoat to blame for our rewarding sports over academic achievement. A nice "I blame Rosalyn Carter or Nancy Reagan" (there is that darn misogyny again) added to the end of that post would've made it so much better...

i think we've gone from glorifying great people doing great things to advance science like Madame Curie, or help people like Mother Teresa (trying to lessen my misogyny here not sure why since sherdog is 99.9% sausage) and gone on to glorifying people who "give no fuck, they take as much as they want" and that needs to shift.

Think about humans, we're baby piss weak when you put us on naked and afraid compared to just about everything out there that crawls, creeps, stalks, envenomnates (is that a word?), chomps, chews, claw, or stings. So how the fuck are we doing sitting on the top of the heap in this crazy mma match that is called life? IT IS BECAUSE WE HELPED EACH OTHER AND SACRIFICED FOR THE GOOD OF THE TRIBE.
lose that ideal and the cockroaches win.
I think what really happened is you're not gonna find gullible people any more. Sure some people believe wierd things but 99.9% of people would not sacrifice themselves to save a atrangers' life, for good reason. It's not logical.

I'm sure there were thousands of absolutely amazing and brave men who died during the Civil War, who gave themselves for others, but at the end of the day they failed to reproduce and pass on their genes. So in a way they failed at the Game of Life and the selfish a hole was a winner.

Being a good person isn't rewarded, currently, in any way shape or form by society- no one's gonna choose to hook up with some do gooder nerd over a sexy football player who can beat his enemies to a pulp. The violent, 'mean' man is in fact superior to the 'nice' man. Way the world works! Ppl will get married to a rich good man, but if you're "good" and don't have any money or parties to go to who gives a fuck? No woman on a dating app is attracted to that.

We are going to become more selfish as time passes because selfish ppl have a higher chance of reproducing. And in fact this has been going on for thousands of years.

Back