gomi, sudo, kawajiri, yamamoto, sato?

killer_kicks88

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
all these little japanese guys, are so explosive, and you can kinda TELL they didn't start out in BJJ, have seen videos of kid yamamoto, gomi, and sudo in sub tournys and all these guys are so fast and slippery, does anyone know what they study and how/where to learn it?

Sudo was a Jr. National wrestling champ as a kid in Japan. But went to Bev Hills JJ Club in the 90's where he studied BJJ for a few years and currently holds a brown belt in it. At the same time he was studying under Bas and others. Since he has moved back to Japan he is predominately MMA. Gomi I believe was also a wrestler, but also boxing.

i wish my base was combat wrestling or something . . . i have these bjj habits i need to break. combat wrestling is so much more exciting than bjj.

i wish my base was combat wrestling or something . . . i have these bjj habits i need to break. combat wrestling is so much more exciting than bjj.

Take some wrestling if its available to you and use a wrestlers mentality when grappling.
Wrestlers always are on the go but then they are accustomed to 6 minute matches. not exactly suited for 20 minutes of rolling if ya know what I mean.

But also knowing you only have 6 minutes you tend to be a lil more physical as a wrestler to force your opponent into an uncomfortable situation in order to score.

Anyway try it and see.

Stoic1 said:
Sudo was a Jr. National wrestling champ as a kid in Japan. But went to Bev Hills JJ Club in the 90's where he studied BJJ for a few years and currently holds a brown belt in it. At the same time he was studying under Bas and others. Since he has moved back to Japan he is predominately MMA. Gomi I believe was also a wrestler, but also boxing.

He was judo and wrestling (his father was a judoka and Gomi took up wrestling as a scholastic activity), however his father disowned him after he failed in school and following that event he decided to cross train.

Back