Gomi "combat grappling" Sub Wresting vid

judogido

Aussie!, Aussie!, Aussie! ...
Reaction score
Though you might be interested. Gomi in action in Japan at a few comps- he is the MAN. Thanks to Dr Octagon for the find.

15 mins of japanese Combat Grappling matches (i think it was called)

basically its submission wrestling where inactivity is highly penalised, points are scored for t-dns etc. its far more entertaining than ADCC rules stuff.

check it out while its still valid, the link won't last long

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0DZXKJOEQKCEQ29MEO17731IKU

DL (117MB)

anyone have any idea what the rules/scoring system is for combat wrestling?

Still watching this. Excellent stuff, very exciting to watch. Perhaps it is the fact they are a light weight & fast or the heavy penalising rule you mentioned. Very nice. Gomi is awesome.

Very entertaining, as grappling is considered by many one of his "weaker" skills, this really shows what an incredibly skilled and well rounded fighter he is.

Gomi is very skilled...as if we did not already know that.

Keiron said:
Very entertaining, as grappling is considered by many one of his "weaker" skills, this really shows what an incredibly skilled and well rounded fighter he is.

Gomi weak at grappling? His dad was a judo practitioner and he's been wrestling since he was a child. He's not great fighting off his back but his grappling is far from weak.

I Never said his grappling was weak! read the post man, I said it was considered one of his weaker skills, as in "less strong".

Gomis striking is better than his grappling compared to other top fighters, thats just the way it is.
Standing up, I don't think anybody in his weightclass can beat him, but on the ground several fighters can at least dominate him.

So as I said, looking at how skilled he is at grappling combined with those hands no wonder he's 22-2.

Woah, 506 KB/s... this is awesome

Anyway, thanks for the video, Gomi is amazing.

Damn, that was fast...about 700 KB/s for me.

Nice video and thanks for the host/rehosts.

sonova, i missed it. thanks inge t. anyone want to rehost again? :D

Thank you for posting that video. Seems like Gomi has perfected those takedowns and submissions for long time.

why dont you just repost on rapidshare.de
will stay on forever

Wasn't gomi considered a one dimensional fighter because he was only good at his groundgame? and now he fights alot of standup matches, i remember something about this a while back.

Back