Golovkin vs. Lemieux complete face off in LA!

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

man this is a killer card, that chocolatito and viloria card is a very god match up. GGG vs. Lemieux aint going past 5 rounds. No way. Lemieux has a punchers chance but thats it.

It's rare that I do it, but I'm getting the boys over to watch GGG go to work. Doing the same with Cotto/Canelo, it's gonna' be awesome.

Wow, how bout that Corona girl on the left, damn she's hot!

Oh and GGG will KO David within 6.

So, will the winner of Cotto/Canelo face the winner of this? Would be novel to see Canelo being the smaller guy for once.

So, will the winner of Cotto/Canelo face the winner of this? Would be novel to see Canelo being the smaller guy for once.

Yes thats what everyone is saying but wont be sure until after both fights depending on who wins them.

Is there a chance we're all underestimating Lemieux's chances here?

You think he's gonna win?

Nope. But there are ways that one could convince themselves he has a decent chance.

Golovkin has never been chin-tested by a true puncher like Lemieux, and while I don't think Lemieux is close to the tactician that GGG is, he does throw multiple different punches with knockout power. I've seen him knock guys down or out with left hooks, straight rights, and uppercuts. That's a lot of options that he has to catch GGG with a knockout shot sometime early.

That being said, my money would be on GGG by knockout. I think he actually punches harder than Lemieux, and it seems like he has a much better chin. He's also just a more complete boxer and fights more intelligently.

I'd like spiderRico to weigh in on this.

Is there a chance we're all underestimating Lemieux's chances here?

Yeah, I'd say so. I'm not picking Lemieux, not by a long shot, but we've seen golovkin tagged. That's not something you can allow against a guy like Lemieux. It might just be a huge come from behind KO

Cheering for David here, though I like both

Nope. But there are ways that one could convince themselves he has a decent chance.

Golovkin has never been chin-tested by a true puncher like Lemieux, and while I don't think Lemieux is close to the tactician that GGG is, he does throw multiple different punches with knockout power. I've seen him knock guys down or out with left hooks, straight rights, and uppercuts. That's a lot of options that he has to catch GGG with a knockout shot sometime early.

That being said, my money would be on GGG by knockout. I think he actually punches harder than Lemieux, and it seems like he has a much better chin. He's also just a more complete boxer and fights more intelligently.
Stevens isnt pillow-fisted either, and thus far GGG has no-sold everything thrown at him. I dont think Lemieux is going to crack his chin either.

Lemieux has a punchers chance but Golovkin should win by stoppage.

I think he hurts him to the body and hurts him up top with the jab and makes Lemieux gun shy or sloppy and wins.

Golovkin just has too many tools.

Lemeiex likely gets stopped before the 5th but I'm still really excited for this fight.

I do think everyone is looking forward to seeing GGG get cracked really hard a few times because it's not something he's seen much of as a pro.
I know that is what I'm looking forward to. I know GGG is very offensive-minded, but what happens if he gets cattle-prodded a few times in the face?
Should be a fun fight to see play out.

Back