Golds gym free standing boxing bag worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 412415
  • Start date
Nothing is better than a properly hung heavy bag. Like the pervious poster said, there are no good freestanding heavy bags* and there are no good heavy bag stands**.

*fairtex's 7' pole bag is one of my favorite bags, it is free standing, however, you need to drill it into the ground.

**balaz boxing makes the only quality heavy bag stand, but, it the cost of a used motorcycle...

*Very Similar Design

fairtex_pole_bag.jpg

+
pbstand.jpg

=

ubs4_500.jpg

Having had a similar item I would suggest no.Unless you have nowhere else to have a heavy bag and this item is very cheap...

the bag bit is very light and flies around all over the place,more like an oversized speed ball but without the quick rebound needed.You can't use for building power or working on mobility because it goes all over the place.

Even having filled the base thoroughly with sand I was still able to rock the base and tilt it when I used it.And that was a much bigger base with more sand in it than that thing.

Crap ,avoid unless no other option.

edit:just look at how that woman is able to move the bag just touching it,There's a reason that she keeps squatting all the time,she has to wait for the damned bag to stop moving all the time after tapping it..

century wavemaster xxl is the only freestanding bag ive ever used that was good. Cost about 300 bucks but it really isnt a bad product. Maybe check that one out.

Ok thanks everyone. I actually have a hanging heavy bag, but its a bit worn out at this stage, and I was wondering if this freestanding one would be a good replacement. Thats all.

Ok thanks everyone. I actually have a hanging heavy bag, but its a bit worn out at this stage, and I was wondering if this freestanding one would be a good replacement. Thats all.

Nope. If you have a spot to hang a bag from, just get a new heavy bag. KO fight gear makes some good ones for a good price.

I would replace the old heavy bag the title gel heavy bag is awesome. Love it. Its dense but it works wonderfully

Back