Goldie is Irrelevant

JohnRem

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Boy he was annoying tonite

Goldie really adds nothing useful to the commentary. He has a heap of pre-rehearsed/pre-researched facts which he just spews out, often at inopportune times.

his actual live fight analysis is incredibly limited, not helped that he has never spent one day in any gym of any kind.

Id prefer to hear Rogan commentate on his own

He's fine. I also liked Lon McEachern.

Howard Cossell respects the mouth of Mike Goldberg.

What? He's the Michael Jordan of commentating. His commentary is really commentarial.

I wish it was Rogan and Schiavello.

Surely you didn't just create a 2006 thread in 2015, did you?

xm4fts.jpg

It's his voice and method of delivery that is golden and iconic to the UFC. True, a lot of what he says is not really relevant or even complimentary to what is going on in the cage, but the guy is a staple for UFC PPV fights and I for one cannot imagine someone else replacing his banter. Maybe add another commentator while leaving Goldie in there to do what Goldie does.

Mods need to come through and ip ban all white belt thread starters. Damn.

not helped that he has never spent one day in any gym of any kind.

He's trained kickboxing for years, including under Mark Dellagrotte, you're talking out of your ass

He's always been crap at commentating.

He's good at reading from an auto-cue but he just doesn't have the knowledge to do play-by-play properly.

Boy he was annoying tonite

Goldie really adds nothing useful to the commentary. He has a heap of pre-rehearsed/pre-researched facts which he just spews out, often at inopportune times.

his actual live fight analysis is incredibly limited, not helped that he has never spent one day in any gym of any kind.

Id prefer to hear Rogan commentate on his own
100 % argee. He even scores kicks and punches in the air ffs.

i usually don't mind goldie at all but last night he got on my nerves big time. he doesn't seem that bright tbh. he's like the ufc's version of brick from anchorman!

Back