• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social GoldenWolf's COVID Vaccine/Lockdown Protest megathread

Is this reasonable? or a slippery slope?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valid questions. Why did he do the exact opposite of what he said he was going to, and with such enthusiasm? Imo it's because our elected officials don't really call the shots within their own countries.

That just speaks to the fact that stopping the spread of the virus or ending the pandemic is quite literally an afterthought when it comes to these drugs they want to inject every single person on earth with.

Also speaks to the truth that both the media and public officials have not done their due diligence on the issue, and are just parroting talking points given to them by big pharma and Fauci.

Just with the supreme court, how can justices be so ill-informed with their arguments for vaccine mandates? And what is the point of the HHS one for medical staff if the vaccine doesn't stop the spread? It makes no sense and is a failure of the courts. The liberal justices, especially Sotomayor, should be removed or at least should have their vote on the HHS mandate voided.

Boris Johnson has just announced that on January 27, they will end mandatory masking everywhere and vaccine passes will no longer be required anywhere. A private business can choose to require either of those, but they don't have to.

It's crazy how some countries like the US and the UK are returning to normal, meanwhile places like France, Canada, Germany, Austria and Australia are turning into increasingly scary authoritarian shitholes. I hope the UK serves as an example to the citizens of other countries. It's a little harder for a government to justify robbing the rights and liberties of their citizens when you have other western countries essentially living life as normal. I say a little harder because the people who are scared of Covid and doped up on government propaganda are so stupid and out of touch with reality that maybe even clear evidence the restrictions don't make sense can't reach them.

Boris Johnson has just announced that on January 27, they will end mandatory masking everywhere and vaccine passes will no longer be required anywhere. A private business can choose to require either of those, but they don't have to.

It's crazy how some countries like the US and the UK are returning to normal, meanwhile places like France, Canada, Germany, Austria and Australia are turning into increasingly scary authoritarian shitholes. I hope the UK serves as an example to the citizens of other countries. It's a little harder for a government to justify robbing the rights and liberties of their citizens when you have other western countries essentially living life as normal. I say a little harder because the people who are scared of Covid and doped up on government propaganda are so stupid and out of touch with reality that maybe even clear evidence the restrictions don't make sense can't reach them.

I mean, it's great and I know I'm being cynical but I just don't see any way these rules aren't going to be back again by March/April. We're due a new variant, and even if it's relatively harmless again, the experts are gonna need another few months to 'keep tabs on it'. I just think this shit will be in and out of our lives for years and years, 1-2 times a year of restrictions. But, at least it's not as bad here as it could be....

On the way out in Ireland also

Looks like the digital Covid cert to enter a pub or restaurant and the wearing of masks in crowded public places are gone at the end of March in Ireland.
Plus a well deserved bonus for those healthcare workers that had to work through the pandemic
I'm happy to be Irish today.

Varadkar wants to set March 31st as ‘deadline to end almost all legal restrictions’

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has said he wants to set March 31st as a “deadline to end almost all legal restrictions”, and has a “strong degree of confidence” that measures can be eased quickly in the coming weeks.

Speaking to his parliamentary party colleagues in Fine Gael this evening, Mr Varadkar said that vaccination and lessened severity associated with the currently-dominant Omicron variant means that hospitalisations, intensive care numbers and deaths have not increased to the same extent as in previous waves.

He said that Ireland has performed well by European and world standards on almost every measure, when it comes to controlling the pandemic.

Minister of State Ossian Smyth has said his hope is that the obligation to produce a Covid-19 cert domestically will expire at the end of March. While he says they will be needed for international travel, “domestically there’s no long term plan to keep them forever. They’re part of the restrictions that are due to expire on 31 March,” he said.

“I don’t want them to go beyond that.”

Expressing the view that there were non-financial costs to public health restrictions, borne of keeping people apart and regulating social contact, Mr Smyth said: “Putting in restrictions and keeping restrictions is not just something we can keep doing, it’s building up and I think there’s a limit to how much people can take.

“We’ll listen to the advice from public health experts on [using vaccine certs] and see what they say but we’re at a point where nearly everybody is vaccinated, [and] the second highest rate of Covid boosters in Europe,” he said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hea...o-end-almost-all-legal-restrictions-1.4779469

I mean, it's great and I know I'm being cynical but I just don't see any way these rules aren't going to be back again by March/April. We're due a new variant, and even if it's relatively harmless again, the experts are gonna need another few months to 'keep tabs on it'. I just think this shit will be in and out of our lives for years and years, 1-2 times a year of restrictions. But, at least it's not as bad here as it could be....
Yeah I don’t see these leaders folding up their tables this spring either. The public in Canada is so pathetic they let the 20 percent unhinged run everyone else into the ground . I see a conflict coming in Canada that puts a permanent stain on our history of being a polite and tolerant country. I’ve lost so many friends over this nonsense , I guess that’s on me for keeping friends this pathetic around. One of my oldest friends tossed the wife of another longtime mutual friend out of a hardware store he works for not wearing a mask when many employees didn’t even wear one. Her husband tucked tail and didn’t even call him up and say how stupid he was . This whole thing is ridiculous.

But how do they feel about you being Irish?

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

It's not coming back in here I don't think bud, they've kind of made ignoring it the normal, it'd take an extremely deadly variant for anyone to respect lockdowns again.

On the way out in Ireland also

Looks like the digital Covid cert to enter a pub or restaurant and the wearing of masks in crowded public places are gone at the end of March in Ireland.
Plus a well deserved bonus for those healthcare workers that had to work through the pandemic
I'm happy to be Irish today.

Varadkar wants to set March 31st as ‘deadline to end almost all legal restrictions’

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has said he wants to set March 31st as a “deadline to end almost all legal restrictions”, and has a “strong degree of confidence” that measures can be eased quickly in the coming weeks.

Speaking to his parliamentary party colleagues in Fine Gael this evening, Mr Varadkar said that vaccination and lessened severity associated with the currently-dominant Omicron variant means that hospitalisations, intensive care numbers and deaths have not increased to the same extent as in previous waves.

He said that Ireland has performed well by European and world standards on almost every measure, when it comes to controlling the pandemic.

Minister of State Ossian Smyth has said his hope is that the obligation to produce a Covid-19 cert domestically will expire at the end of March. While he says they will be needed for international travel, “domestically there’s no long term plan to keep them forever. They’re part of the restrictions that are due to expire on 31 March,” he said.

“I don’t want them to go beyond that.”

Expressing the view that there were non-financial costs to public health restrictions, borne of keeping people apart and regulating social contact, Mr Smyth said: “Putting in restrictions and keeping restrictions is not just something we can keep doing, it’s building up and I think there’s a limit to how much people can take.

“We’ll listen to the advice from public health experts on [using vaccine certs] and see what they say but we’re at a point where nearly everybody is vaccinated, [and] the second highest rate of Covid boosters in Europe,” he said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hea...o-end-almost-all-legal-restrictions-1.4779469

Still seems pathetic to me. I lived under ZERO SECONDS of mandatory masking. Normalcy nearly reigned supreme the entire time.

And people kept saying the end of times would come. LoL, what a fucking joke. We were fine and did better than nearly anyone.

UK earlier, and now Czech Republic backing down. Victory begets victory

This is actually HUGE.

Czech Rep have been some of the most draconian since the beginning. A girl I used to travel with/date sort of, from Prague, and many of her friends are unvaxxed and have been making arrangements to flee the country permanently because of all this. I think she is actually going through with it very soon.

Valid questions. Why did he do the exact opposite of what he said he was going to, and with such enthusiasm? Imo it's because our elected officials don't really call the shots within their own countries.

That is strange no doubt his govt is witnessing what is happening in Israel.
This cant be good news if there are IDF soldiers getting infected after being vaccinated. This is not what the vaccination had promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back