• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social GoldenWolf's COVID Vaccine/Lockdown Protest megathread Vol. 2

Drug company Moderna says its combined flu and Covid vaccine, which targets the two diseases in a single shot, has passed a vital part of final-stage scientific checks.

The phase-three trial shows the vaccine arms the body with protective antibodies.

And it does so as effectively as separate flu and Covid shots, results suggest.

Fewer injections would be more convenient and simpler, Moderna says.

Chief executive Stephane Bancel told BBC News he hoped the messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) vaccine could be made widely available in 2026 - or perhaps, 2025.

"We are very delighted about the results, because it’s the first time in the world that a company is able to show positive phase-three results combining in a single dose flu and Covid vaccine," he said.

"You get one dose, one needle," which meant "ease and peace of mind for the consumer".

Competitors Pfizer and BioNTech are testing a similar two-in-one mRNA vaccine against flu and Covid.

Scientists hope mRNA vaccines will be faster to make and update than the current ones used against flu, and be a better match for ever-changing strains, external.

In the continuing Moderna trial, external, the mRNA-1083 jab produced a higher immune response than the licensed comparator vaccines.

It matched or bettered currently approved flu jabs, including high-dose ones designed for older people.

And it was better than Moderna’s existing Covid booster, Spikevax, at making the body produce disease-fighting antibodies – probably because it had been designed to fight more recent variants circulating around the world, Mr Bancel told BBC News in an interview.

Older people
The results are from 8,000 volunteers – all aged over 50 and half over 64.

Moderna said it had focused on older people because they were most likely to continue to be offered Covid vaccines.

But it plans ultimately to offer the new jab to younger people also.

Any side effects were generally mild - a bit of soreness where the needle went into the skin and some tiredness - as with regular vaccines.

The company plans to present the findings at a medical conference, as well as submit them for publication.

It is also developing an mRNA vaccine against a disease called cytomegalovirus, external, for which it hopes to have late-stage trial results this autumn.

Currently, there is nothing to protect pregnant women and their unborn babies against CMV.

Haven't posted here in a while since I don't give a shit about covid anymore, what's done is done and ain't nobody gonna change their mind.

Did have an interesting incident the other day when I was a social event with some friends where there were a number of doctors & other healthcare workers. I finally heard the words "I regret taking the covid vaccine" from a doctor. I asked him why and he said that he developed diabetes right after his 2nd shot, and he was perfectly healthy with no family history of diabetes. Talked to him a bit more and he said it was ridiculous what the medical system put him through, no one believed him and they kept blaming the diabetes on everything except the clot shots. Several other folks drifted over to us while we were talking and a couple more also said that taking the shot was a mistake, and it should never have been mandated.

I don't know if we're going to see more & more people wake up and come to their senses over the next years, I hope we do, and I hope their anger is directed in the right places. Otherwise things are gonna get ugly.

Haven't posted here in a while since I don't give a shit about covid anymore, what's done is done and ain't nobody gonna change their mind.

Did have an interesting incident the other day when I was a social event with some friends where there were a number of doctors & other healthcare workers. I finally heard the words "I regret taking the covid vaccine" from a doctor. I asked him why and he said that he developed diabetes right after his 2nd shot, and he was perfectly healthy with no family history of diabetes. Talked to him a bit more and he said it was ridiculous what the medical system put him through, no one believed him and they kept blaming the diabetes on everything except the clot shots. Several other folks drifted over to us while we were talking and a couple more also said that taking the shot was a mistake, and it should never have been mandated.

I don't know if we're going to see more & more people wake up and come to their senses over the next years, I hope we do, and I hope their anger is directed in the right places. Otherwise things are gonna get ugly.
It doesn't matter, people no matter how educated are usually weak and will just go along with what they are told. They may regret the Covid shot but they will also happily line up whatever the next experimental thing the government wants to put in them. No one can think for themselves anymore.

Drug company Moderna says its combined flu and Covid vaccine, which targets the two diseases in a single shot, has passed a vital part of final-stage scientific checks.

The phase-three trial shows the vaccine arms the body with protective antibodies.

And it does so as effectively as separate flu and Covid shots, results suggest.

Fewer injections would be more convenient and simpler, Moderna says.

Chief executive Stephane Bancel told BBC News he hoped the messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) vaccine could be made widely available in 2026 - or perhaps, 2025.

"We are very delighted about the results, because it’s the first time in the world that a company is able to show positive phase-three results combining in a single dose flu and Covid vaccine," he said.

"You get one dose, one needle," which meant "ease and peace of mind for the consumer".

Competitors Pfizer and BioNTech are testing a similar two-in-one mRNA vaccine against flu and Covid.

Scientists hope mRNA vaccines will be faster to make and update than the current ones used against flu, and be a better match for ever-changing strains, external.

In the continuing Moderna trial, external, the mRNA-1083 jab produced a higher immune response than the licensed comparator vaccines.

It matched or bettered currently approved flu jabs, including high-dose ones designed for older people.

And it was better than Moderna’s existing Covid booster, Spikevax, at making the body produce disease-fighting antibodies – probably because it had been designed to fight more recent variants circulating around the world, Mr Bancel told BBC News in an interview.

Older people
The results are from 8,000 volunteers – all aged over 50 and half over 64.

Moderna said it had focused on older people because they were most likely to continue to be offered Covid vaccines.

But it plans ultimately to offer the new jab to younger people also.

Any side effects were generally mild - a bit of soreness where the needle went into the skin and some tiredness - as with regular vaccines.

The company plans to present the findings at a medical conference, as well as submit them for publication.

It is also developing an mRNA vaccine against a disease called cytomegalovirus, external, for which it hopes to have late-stage trial results this autumn.

Currently, there is nothing to protect pregnant women and their unborn babies against CMV.

I wonder if because it's combined they maintain their indemnity.......

Back