Going to new york ...

Duchman

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all.. 26 of june, i will go to new york all the way from amsterdam.. I will stay at a friends house near manhatten.
Obviously i would like to train while im over.

Anyone have any tips which clubs are best to train at? and are welcome to visetors.?
would love to train gi and nogi.. also are there any good freestyl/greco clubs around ?

If you are VERY close to NYC you have Renzo's (but I dont know if they welcome short term students), then you have Scarola's on the border of queens, Brooklyn Wrestling (if you only want wrestling), Militech in New Hyde Park LI (Ehh) Soca's in Bellmore LI, Serra in East Meadow LI

Really depends on what you mean by "close to manhatten"

Renzo's shouldn't mind too much from what I've seen. Even if they do, there's Studio X, Fighthouse, Steve's club, etc.

If you're on LI, you have a buttload of choices, randing from Soca and Serra in Nassau to D'Arc and Vamos in Suffolk.

thanks for the help everyone!

sambosteve, ill drop in for 100 procent sure!

I will also be in NYC soon, I've read most of the theards or should I say drama about the schools in NYC, but those are mostly geared toward long term membership. I am curious about how welcoming those schools are in NYC to drop in students and if there is any rumors about pricing as I don't make an NYC salary.

If you are in town, you can certainly drop by our club.

Back