God of War vs. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Which is the superior game?

Which is the superior game?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both are classics and highly rated on IMDB.

God of War - (plot summary):

Kratos, the God of War, has defeated the Gods of Olympus and has started his life anew, in one of the Nine Realms of Norse Mythology: Midgard; he now has a son named Atreus, whom he had with his late wife Faye.

Together, Kratos and Atreus travel across The Realms to scatter Faye's ashes from the highest peak in all the land.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - (plot summary):

The witcher, Geralt of Rivia, in the search for his lover, the sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg, learns that his former witcher apprentice Cirilla, who disappeared years ago, has returned to Temeria and is being chased by The Wild Hunt, a group of riders of the night which presence brings omen of death and destruction to anything that crosses their path.

Geralt then sets on a quest to find Cirilla before The Wild Hunt gets to her first.

810WoXxyAyL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

f5f12-16519321322879-1920.jpg

The Witcher. So much replay value between the play style, amount of story content, and choices that can change the outcome of the game. That being said God of War was an incredible game. Beautiful, the combat was amazing, loved the story as well. Honestly would rate both as 10s but I prefer the Witcher's open World and just the absolute depth and options that game had.

I would give it to God of War simply because of how bad the balancing was in Witcher 3. I rarely complain about difficulty in games but the second half was legit faceroll easy for me, it almost felt broken.

God of War was just extremely solid in all aspects. Story, combat, presentation, world design. Everything felt good.

Witcher 3 easily for me. I think if the combat was better it might be my GOAT. But the graphics, music, voice acting, and just the sense of discovery and vastness of the open world are all top notch.

I don't really care for the new God of War games. Obviously the story telling and production values are off the charts but I can't stand the press X to do the thing gameplay and I don't think the combat feels good.

Much closer for me than the last matchup. Witcher 3 took a lot before I got into it but once it did, it was hard to let go. God of War was an evolution of one of my favorite franchises and completely blindsided me with the depth they provided the characters and story.

If there’s a tiebreaker for me it’s in the gameplay. One I had to get past to enjoy the rest of it, the other made it an even more enjoyable experience.

God of War takes it for me.

God of War because its actually fun. I’d rather just read the Witcher books than play the games. The gameplay was very dated even when it released and I can’t imagine it gets better after 150 hours

The Witcher universe is probably my favorite fantasy Universe ever created. I have read every single Witcher book and played all three games.

With that said I enjoyed playing through God of War more than Witcher 3. Both are amazing games but God damn the story of God of War is just too good along with the gameplay. It strikes the perfect balance. My wife won two goldfish at a carnival a few years back and I named them both Ciri and Atreus because I loved both games so much.

Witcher 3, and it ain't even close.

GoW is good, not great, and I very much preferred the old formula of the original games.

Witcher 3 is the absolute best game of the last decade, and nothing this decade has surpassed it. I just completed my 6th playthrough of it just 2 weeks ago. Its still A+ 10/10 with only a few complaints.

Very few games beat TW3. I haven't played GOW, but I can't imagine it keeping me invested for 100+ hours, and still managing to feel fresh.

Not fair to GOW, as I'm sure it excels at what it set out to do, but it's hard to beat immersive "forever" games, like TW3.

God of War for me. I love Witcher and enjoy the hell out of the game but God of War was just an experience.

Game absolutely brought the feels too. Kratos taking up the blades of chaos again to save Atreus, absolutely amazing.

Back