Goals 2015

Do my best to stay injury free (Strict S+C) and lay out more of a diet

Get back to competing (Haven't since 2012 due to bad injury)

Periodwise I dont get to train consistently because of work, and then I gas out by the first or second roll. That sucks, so gonna do 2 cardio sessions extra every week.

Hopefully that will help with keeping in shape so I'll do a competetion again.

Get more than 350 hours of training in 2015.
Win at least 1 small tournament in blue by defeating 3 opponents.
Get my purple belt.
Put more emphasis on positional dominance rather than submissions.
Learn how to straight ankle lock

Get the Black
Better Conditioning
Better at Leg Locks
Compete at Black

Other goals of mine, more technical, is to bring something new to take something that my coach showed me, and add to it, like bring a new spider guard or cross grip attack to the gym..

My goal is to try to make my BJJ more goal oriented. I need to start a journal and develop a game plan around improving toward what I feel are the necessary skill sets and traits of a purple belt.

I would also like to to figure out how to stop the sherdog movie from coming out of the edge of the screen and locking up the computer.

- Leave the Gi behind and focus on Nogi.
- Do 3 tournaments at least before I get my blue belt.
- Get my blue belt this year hopefully.
- More consistency with my S&C.

For my shoulder to heal up soon to train again
Oh and to rank high on that police exam

I've got about 15 techniques I want to actualize in sparring against at least blue belts.

There are maybe 5-6 submissions I want to start using like the Darce and some collar chokes I never use to bother with.

-Compete and win at least one division at purple belt. I've only competed once since getting my purple 1.5 years ago and won my division, but I only had two matches. Just haven't felt like competing since
-Get back to training at least 4x/week on average. My training schedule for most of 2014 was wrecked due to a move, changing gyms and injury

-Compete and win at least one division at purple belt. I've only competed once since getting my purple 1.5 years ago and won my division, but I only had two matches. Just haven't felt like competing since
-Get back to training at least 4x/week on average. My training schedule for most of 2014 was wrecked due to a move, changing gyms and injury

Would love to see you out competing! Best of luck on staying healthy and I think you know you are always welcome to drop in with us.

Thanks man. I've been in a few times, usually on Friday for open mat.

-Do at least 3 tournaments this year. Double gold (or more) in a tournament, either gi + no gi or my weight + absolute. I won gold + bronze my first time out, so now I've got the bug.

-Do an amateur MMA fight.

-Improve my shot and not just rely on throws from the clinch.
-Improve my guard retention.
-Improve my side control and kesa pressure.
-Hit more D'arces and anacondas.

Oh, and earn a stripe or two, I guess. I figure it'll be a while before I get my blue, so I'm just going to compete as much as possible at white until then.

Definitely time to start taking BJJ seriously.

1) Compete in my first competition at white belt
2) Medal in a competition
3) Get blue belt

Using my new Oly weight set, bulk up to 220 pounds.

That's my grappling goal this year.

Return from tragic injury (damn near 2 years)

Establish dominance over any Sankyus promoted in my absence

Fill the Dojo with Osotos

In all seriousness just do fucking Judo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back