1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Goal is to gain 20 lbs by the end of this summer

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by TimeToTrain, Jun 21, 2008.

1. TimeToTrain Brown Belt

My goal is to gain 20 lbs by the end of August. Starting on July 3rd when finals are over, I'm planning to start working out since who knows when. I know I'm gonna feel sore for the next 3 days and after that I can start a consistent routine. I don't know if it's possible but I want to start off by gaining 10 lbs by the end of July or before (the sooner the better). So I stopped by the nearest local vitamin center and they have this protein drink in a can. It's called Pure Pro I think and it contains 50g of protein in a 16 or 24 oz. can. And my meals are only going to be brown rice, chicken, and tuna. If I work out by lifting, should I concentrate on 2 body parts per day or just 1? If you guys know the best/efficient way to gain 10 lbs in 3 weeks to a month, please let me know. Thanks!

2. SSJP Yellow Belt

May I direct you to the stickies and FAQs in this forum?

3. WRoutson Purple Belt Professional Fighter

4. Aoshi1 Yellow Belt

Some good info in that link there, W. Thanks.

5. SixTwoSix Guest

Just to let you know, gaining weight is a VERY slow process, I highly doubt you can gain 20 pounds in two months.

6. Fozzy1 Guest

no it isn't. It is incredible easy to put on weight if you know how to eat. It's incredibly hard to put on that amount of muscle in 2 months, impossible even. But weight, easy peesy.

~Foz

7. T_Money_ Blue Belt

yes I'm sure this white belt meant to say weight as in fat not muscle...

WTF was the point of your post?

8. TimeToTrain Brown Belt

Sure, that would be great. Thanks.

9. TimeToTrain Brown Belt

10. Rowan11088 Purple Belt

You and me both, buddy. If you're not an elite athlete, and you're not super-concerned about body fat, you should have no trouble bulking up with a very simple plan. Just find a good lifting program, probably a 3 day split, though some people have success on 4 day splits (or every other day workouts, basically the same thing). The S&P forum has that. And then make sure that, bottom line, you're getting plenty of protein throughout the day, and enough total calories to fill out a bulking diet spread among healthy fats and complex carbs. Do that, and you're already on the right track, without having to follow anything to the letter.

11. SixTwoSix Guest

By the way, for bulking Carbs>Protein>Fats.

Also lift heavy blah blah compound lifts.

12. SixTwoSix Guest

I kind of assumed he meant 20 pounds of "mostly" muscle. I don't know anyone who's goal is to just put on fat.