Glory Istanbul scheduled for April 12th 2014

Rollermanskunk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
1394448_758693794156626_567643326_n.jpg

Source: Glory Worldseries Turkey Facebook

Rematch Saki vs Verhoeven?

Really? They"re returning? Now this is a big surprise.

Not really surprising, just nice to see news on a "comeback" to europe :D

Watch Live on Spike, also nice.

Paris, , London, Milan and Amsterdam expected to be scheduled in 2014 as well.

thank god they are going someplace besides the US. The athletic commissions are going to destroy the sport if Glory is not careful

I might try and make the London show again. Had a blast at GLORY 5. I wonder if they'll be at the Excel Arena again.

If Glory doesn't bring back the slam/8man tournament in 2014 I will be very disappointed, spike or no spike.

I guess Gevorg has another fight planned in Milan during his 'buzy' glory-schedule. IIRC he isn't exclusively signed, like some others. It wouldn't suprise me if some fighters would be leaving glory / fighting at other promotions as well (like MAX Muay Thai, K-1, Legends, etc.). Most of the glory fighters only get a couple of fights annually in the 'new' glory. Actually being paid (well) could be the decisive factor.

If Glory doesn't bring back the slam/8man tournament in 2014 I will be very disappointed, spike or no spike.

I guess Gevorg has another fight planned in Milan during his 'buzy' glory-schedule. IIRC he isn't exclusively signed, like some others. It wouldn't suprise me if some fighters would be leaving glory / fighting at other promotions as well (like MAX Muay Thai, K-1, Legends, etc.). Most of the glory fighters only get a couple of fights annually in the 'new' glory. Actually being paid (well) could be the decisive factor.

Kraus and Groenhart may leave Glory.

But the only "opponent" of Glory is the russian Legend fight show.

Great to hear. Always love to see a show in Turkey. Istanbul was one of Glory's more larger attendance crowds.

Kraus and Groenhart may leave Glory.

But the only "opponent" of Glory is the russian Legend fight show.

Legend seems to be dividing its attention between both MMA and Kickboxing. SuperKombat and K-1 seem to be the only other worthwhile rivals competing with Glory.

Dose Saki still get a shot at Shillit's Belt, he did win that title eliminator. I think Rico should fight Ghita again over Saki, that fight was much closer and should have had an extension round.

wasn't there some kind of law preventing Glory from being hosted in the Netherlands? Or has that changed?

wasn't there some kind of law preventing Glory from being hosted in the Netherlands? Or has that changed?

Things have changed in the last year. It was n't exactly a law but new strict rules regarding combatsport-events which made it almost impossible for promotors to organise kb or mt-events in some parts of Holland. Before this situation we had this It's Showtime/Bibob thing. With the merger of some kb and mt federations and promoters obeying the new rules bigger events are now coming back in some major cities. Glory established a good relationship with the City of Amsterdam but of course to have this big Glory-event organised in Amsterdam they have to obey the rules to get an event-license.

No, the government was shutting down companies that had criminal funding. And they thought that the It's Showtime events were funded by criminal money. And kickboxing has kind of a bad name here because of a shooting that happened at an event and because of Badr Hari.

But Glory is clearly not funded by criminal money, so let's hope things will change.

THIS! +1+1+1+1+1

I understand the spike deal pretty much dictated they couldn't do bigger tournaments due to timeslot constraints ON PRIMETIME. However if they really do air european/asian events live, as the poster suggests, then they really should have 8 man tournaments on some of them. Shouldn't be impossible to get to air a longer event when it's no being aired in the evening US time.

Back