Glory 53 Lille

There were also kicks clearly landing on the inside leg and making it blue and red as well.

Sitthichai's kicks were not affecting RvR, so they should also not be considered as ''damaging''? Hence the close call probably, but some people just (Not all) are just Thai fanboys and refuse to see this.

IMO both Sittichai vs. RvR fights were relatively close (under Glory's ruleset and scoring) and really uneventful. Sittichai did very little and RvR did nothing. But Petpanomrung landed kicks punches and knees and won decisively.

There were also kicks clearly landing on the inside leg and making it blue and red as well.

Sitthichai's kicks were not affecting RvR, so they should also not be considered as ''damaging''? Hence the close call probably, but some people just (Not all) are just Thai fanboys and refuse to see this.
I don't have a bias either way. I watch more Kickboxing than Muay Thai by a fairly wide magine. I watched that fight through multiple times and I can't see how anyone in their right mind can see RVR winning that fight. The simple act of moving forward doesn't mean you are dictating the fight, Pet controlled distancing perfectly while landing kicks and punches frequently. A round kick in and of itself is a damaging technique and if you saw Pets last fight you can see he's fairly profecient in throwing them, so whether RVR showed effect or not is irrelevant.

95% of social media scored that fight for Sittichai, the commentator even joked about him getting robbed which he then actually did.

The way i see it:

Sittichai vs RvR 1 was the worst robbery. Sittichai didn't do much damage, but RvR did nothing and was outclassed. 50-45 sittichai.

Pet vs RvR was a big robbery bur you can argue RvR won one or at most two rounds. Pet still beat him up and won most rounds while taking very little damage, so should be a clear win for Pet.

Sittichai vs RvR 2 was the closest of these fights but Sittichai deserved the win.

I'm not basing this on muay thai scoring or some silly "kicks to arms don't count" argument. I'm basing this on glory's actual scoring criteria

Last edited:
The way I see it RvR is the type of fighter who will be happy to win from his opponent slipping on a banana peel and will absolutely use the judges to his advantage.
First Sittichai fight - vs an outside guy not known for his power so he just made the fight as inactive as possible so the judges sided with the champion.
Second Sittichai fight - after months of fans shitting on him he decided to fight aggressively instead and lost a close decision.
Pet fight - looking at the ref after every clinch until a point got deducted and Pet had to abandon his main strategy.

Back