Glory 41 robbery of the year? Petchpanomrung vs Robin Van Roosmalen

ada.jpg

I think Kwankaodaddy is thai

Last edited:
people here who are making a case for RVR are delusional or are just trolling,there is no way to justify him "winning"

How is a kick to the arm considered a block but a kick to the leg scores? Both are limps? Also Pet landed a lot Knees to the Body. Glory highest scoring criteria after a knockdown is damage, look at van Roosmalen's Face and Body. He took way more than Pet.

Where did the 'kicks to the arm don't score' bs actually originate? Did people just watch Buakaw getting robbed in K1 max and come to that conclusion?
In kickboxing classes they teach blocking kicks with the arms. There seems to be a dispute in whether you need to use both arms for it to be considered a block or if you can just use one. I think someone mentioned that if you use both arms and sidestep with the kick it can actually be considered a block in MT. From the business perspective I can see why K-1 and Glory would use this. I think it was R4 when Pet for a few brief moments stood in the pocket and went into UFC brah just bleed mode. They probably want to encourage that as it draws in casuals.

I should also add that I think this fight is wrongly being framed as the battle of mid kicks vs punches because the Sittichai fights were. In this fight knees were a much bigger factor. From round 2 to round 4 RvR got absolutely battered with knees. Ovindt jokingly said he blocked them with his soul but that seriously looked like some Shaolin monk iron shirt chi resistance. RvR himself changed up his attack using a lot more low kicks than he did against Sittichai.

people here who are making a case for RVR are delusional or are just trolling,there is no way to justify him "winning"

or stupid. the weak arguments and just bleed mentality seem to be real from some of them. don't ever underestimate the idiocy of people.

I should also add that I think this fight is wrongly being framed as the battle of mid kicks vs punches because the Sittichai fights were. In this fight knees were a much bigger factor. From round 2 to round 4 RvR got absolutely battered with knees. Ovindt jokingly said he blocked them with his soul but that seriously looked like some Shaolin monk iron shirt chi resistance. RvR himself changed up his attack using a lot more low kicks than he did against Sittichai.
I've rewatched the fight a couple times but i struggle to find the punches that landed clean on Petchpanomrung

I've rewatched the fight a couple times but i struggle to find the punches that landed clean on Petchpanomrung
He landed some low kicks, walked forward and grunted. That's about it. I'll watch again.

In some countries you"re burned on the floor if you have a different opinion.

2dvn3lx.png

"Do you see any spots? I dont, so I think i blocked them all" - Robin Van Roosmalen

^ somebody tweet that shit to Glory.

You have to fuck up the scoring majorly if you get booed in your hometown.

Also fuck Todd Grisham and especially Joe, having no integrity of scoring fights properly and call out bullshit. No wonder Mauro isn't with Glory anymore.

This thread is like deja vu with the first RvR vs Sittichai fight. As a bettor, I'm really trying to pick how the actual judges will see the fight, not how it should be scored in an ideal world. I take Dutch style bias into consideration for this. That's why I bet RvR this time. I really would have been nervous for the outcome however had there not been open scoring this time, which I loved. I personally thought Pet could easily have been awarded three rounds of five, although with the point deduction it could have been a draw too. If they do a re-match like with Sittichai, I think I'll be on the other side next time.

I still dont know how they scored that for Robin?

Are you saying this was planned? To create drama???
No. Deja vu, simply means that the results and arguments about how to score it all sound very familiar to what happened before with the first RvR vs Sittichai fight. Not at all surprising considering the similarities of RvR vs another Thai fighter. Just seems like the same controversy with a different opponent.

Honestly this may be a worse decision than the Sittichai one. Pet did way more damage than Sittichai.

2dvn3lx.png

"Do you see any spots? I dont, so I think i blocked them all" - Robin Van Roosmalen
Jesus looks like he walked out of a prison shower session with his boy badr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back