• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GLORY 26: Amsterdam [December 4 - OFFICIAL DISCUSSION]

Man, Glory 26 Amsterdam really rocked, I've never witnessed such an atmosphere and great crowd at a Dutch kickboxing event in the last 5 years

[YT]3KHGUAqZXp4[/YT]

I can"t understand Benny, such a passivity and in my opinion he got fat. I thought that for the knock out power but in fact he looked so slow. I"m not sure this wasn"t fixed, and next year will be a tournament with Rico, Ghiță, Adegbuyi and one more in Romania.

I can"t understand Benny, such a passivity and in my opinion he got fat. I thought that for the knock out power but in fact he looked so slow. I"m not sure this wasn"t fixed, and next year will be a tournament with Rico, Ghiță, Adegbuyi and one more in Romania.

He wanted to start slower like last time and got caught. Understandably since he gassed hard last time.

Don't think that strategy was that bad. You're always smarter afterwards.

Aight, I just watched the Holzken vs Groenhart fight and I'm not convinced this was a robbery. It was a close fight but I still had Holzken edging it out. His strikes were full range and direct while a lot of the strikes Groenhart were throwing weren't full range of motion with much impact. Just lifting a leg to someone's body shouldn't score as a kick, and he was landing a lot of those akward ineffective shots. Good fight for him but he didn't look like the better fighter IMO.

He wanted to start slower like last time and got caught. Understandably since he gassed hard last time.

Don't think that strategy was that bad. You're always smarter afterwards.

Biggest losers we are, always the silver. And in my opinion Andrei is also talented enough to challenge the title holder. Alin Panaite is a good coach but unproven compared to the Dutch ones. Same shitty tactics. I"m not saying not to start like this but not to lose the plot. And in the case of the Stoicas, he told them to force. Bogdan was hurt after that head and he told him to attack to embarass himself after an equal fight. The same went with Andrei, all or nothing. Crazy to attack Ilunga under Bonjasky that was. Danyo was lucky but they fight too risky. And Adegbuyi last night thinking he"s unreachable after a past of exposed chin (third time when he loses this way, 3 out of 3 out of 4 losses are via KO in round 1 though two have been revenged).

Andrei Stoica said it some long time ago that if they want to become champions, they need to train in the Netherlands. And it"s proven anyway all over the world. Look at the champions of K-1, all from there. I don"t see Samedov coming and somebody else to win belts after Soviet training. The cases exist but are very rare and in divisions with no top Dutchmen anyway possibly. Or Cavalari to do it in front of Saki/Spong.

Aight, I just watched the Holzken vs Groenhart fight and I'm not convinced this was a robbery. It was a close fight but I still had Holzken edging it out. His strikes were full range and direct while a lot of the strikes Groenhart were throwing weren't full range of motion with much impact. Just lifting a leg to someone's body shouldn't score as a kick, and he was landing a lot of those akward ineffective shots. Good fight for him but he didn't look like the better fighter IMO.

I thought Holzken with his strategy was only using 80% power for alot of the first few rounds. Only couple times he use full power, ending combination with his hard body punch.

I was very surprised by the decision. I don't agree at all that Nieky landed the more meaningful shots, his were just as half-hearted and lacking of commitment, but Murthel clearly stayed far more active.

On the Holzken vs Groenhart decision:

I watched this fight ringside at the event and had Holzken as the winner with the more accurate and more powerful strikes while blocking most of what Groenhart was throwing. I thought it could easily have gone either way because it was very close.

Rewatched it at home on TV, and still have Holzken as the winner 3 rounds to 2 because he was the aggressor and kept going forward and yes he did land less but landed more powerful strikes that seemed to be doing more damage. Very close fight though.

You cannot possibly call this a "robbery" when the fight is that close, it's not like RvR vs. Sittichai.

I guess it depends if you're judging based on the number of strikes landed, or based on the powerful shots landed and damage done. I tend to favour the latest.

Overall feedback on the event:

Great event, great atmosphere, great to see so many big names from the kickboxing world walking around the arena.
I bumped into Zimmerman before his fight taking pictures with fans, Semmy Schilt and Nieky Holzken's head coach while walking back from the toilets, Groenhart was sitting behind me with his close friends and family during the superfight series for a few minutes, Rico after his fight (he was watching Holzken's fight), and and a lot more that I recognized but wasn't sure who they were. I think I saw Enersto Hoost from very far too, but maybe that wasn't him.

It was strange to queue for 20 minutes for a drink at the bar only to find out no alcohol was sold in the entire area. Apparently it was a policy by the RAI or by the organizers not to serve alcohol to avoid troubles? Not that bad but still surprising. A fresh beer is always nice when watching some good fights :)

The only negative thing I have to say that ruined a couple of fights was the referring. 2 fights got stopped too early in the tournament, even though both guys were going to lose anyway. Counting a pull down as a knockdown and getting Oblonsky eliminated was silly, and again counting Yurk up to 10 while he still got up before 10 was also disappointing. I know you need to be up by 8, but the other more casual spectators around me were scratching their head on that one.

Watching Glory fights without the crappy commentary is actually great. Rewatching the event at home on TV made me cringe sometimes with the silly uninformed and biased commentating: so many crappy references and biased comments, sometimes big blanks or stopping mid sentence, making silly assumptions, sometimes disrespectful comments of the fighters, etc.
I'd recommend those who have Groenhart as the winner to rewatch the fight without the commentary.

Glory really needs to find a solution to both the referring and the commentating IMO. The rest is great though :)

People also need to start taking Glory's strike stats with a grain of salt. I've found them to be grossly inaccurate.

People also need to start taking Glory's strike stats with a grain of salt. I've found them to be grossly inaccurate.

In the Mosab Ch Bin Lim fight the strike stats said he threw no knees when that's what he hurt him with.

They got the numbers the wrong way round

I've asked this question multiple times and could never get an answer... Who are the people responsible for these starts? What criteria are the using when counting a "score"?

I've asked this question multiple times and could never get an answer... Who are the people responsible for these starts? What criteria are the using when counting a "score"?

It seems to be pretty simple. If the fighter attempting a strike is who glory wants to win it is counted as a connected strike. Whereas if it is not the fighter glory wants to win they count 1 out of every 10 strikes that land as a connected strike.

It seems to be pretty simple. If the fighter attempting a strike is who glory wants to win it is counted as a connected strike. Whereas if it is not the fighter glory wants to win they count 1 out of every 10 strikes that land as a connected strike.
That wouldn't have matched the Neikey vs Groenhart result then...

That wouldn't have matched the Neikey vs Groenhart result then...
Who knows? Im sure glory could come out and say that the stat guy was paid off by mike's gym since they will claim everything nieky threw he landed and with more power than murthal. It would fit in with the rest of their narratives they push to the media.

I mean their whole judging criteria can be manipulated into scoring a fight anyway they please as we can all see from fights that look almost exactly the same except different winners were proclaimed by the judges and glory says they are good decisions everytime even thou they contradict each other.

Take sittichai vs forum golden boy jauncy and the exact repeat against robin. somehow glory says sittichai wins by a huge margin against josh but roosemalen they say won handily even thou they were basically the exact same fight in the ring. sittichai kicking the guard 3-4 times and then landing to the body followed by a pumping jab then a knee and repeat all while getting hit 4 to 5 times a round. He even put a higher pace and got hit less in the fight he lost but somehow Glory claims both were the right decision

Didn't Amrani and Lim fight years back?

after the Glory fight, the score is 2-1 in Amrani's favor.

Lim beat him the fight time in decision and the last two fights, Amrani got him with body shots.

Lim is my trainer and almost like a big brother to me...he's pretty much semi-retired now and just fightin' for the love of it. his body and ribs are pretty much done...that's why he goes down so easily with body shots now. he's also slowed down quite a bit. his technique is always gonna be there.

here's their first fight ever...back in 2011

[YT]1QVGLa2mWmw[/YT]

Amrani was still wild and raw back then and Lim was closer to his prime...Amrani is just now reachin' his prime.

it's sad to see my big bro and trainer get put down like that, but he's had a great career and is still one of the best technicians in all of kickboxing.

lol at Glory commentators having Groenhart winning every round....

Don't see it being that big a deal either guy could've won

Verhoeven looked superb

Back