Gleison Tibau vs. Abel Trujillo at UFN 77 Nov. 7

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
UFC officials continue to roll out fights for UFC Fight Night 77, as lightweights Gleison Tibau (33-11 MMA, 16-9 UFC) and Abel Trujillo (12-6 MMA, 3-2 UFC) will meet in Brazil.

UFC brass today announced the previously rumored bout while also confirming the Nov. 7 event will take place, as expected, at Sao Paulo

Wasn't this fight scheduled before and then caincelled? Everyone said if Tibau cain survive the first 2-3 minutes of Abel's bombs then he cain grind out a decision or get a sub on a gassed Abel.

Battle of the Lightweight Mammoths!

Abel R1 KO

Fun fight! Hopefully Abel can keep his distance and KO the shit out of this dude.

Has potential...hopefully Tibau doesn't lay n pray.

I've been a fan of Abel ever since his UFC debut against Levesseur. He has faced a ton of incredibly good fighters throughout his tenure in the UFC and Tibau represents another big challenge. That being said, I have a feeling he'll pull this out, despite my rational mind saying Gleison wears him down and wins the second and third for a close decision win, as per always.

I think this will be Abel's breakout performance and he'll deliver a big KO on a fading Glesion Tibau. It's amazing he's had this many fights in the UFC, but I see him starting to slow down in everything he does in there. He still has some fights left in him for sure, but I think it's safe to say his best days are behind him and we can look at him now as a gatekeeper for the UFC's Top 10.

I hope Abel by brutal KO. No LnP Tibau. I still haven't forgiven him (tibau) for the Varner fight.

Tibau if he makes it out of the first 3 flurries so Abel gasses.

If Tibau makes it out of the first round he can submit him

Tibau if he fights smart and avoids getting tagged with a big shot. He's got the wrestling and bJJ to contain Trujilo

Nice, make the winner face Mairbek Taisumov or Rashid Magomedov (because he will beat Burns)

Nice fight on paper but I wouldn't be surprised if it disappointed.

Back