• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gladiator vs 300 *Now with Poll*

Pick One

• Total voters
admittingly 300 probably had better cinematography (admit it, it was dope in that movie) but that's about it

Dude, no. NOoooo. Ridley Scot is one of the best cinematographers in film history, up there with Tarkovsky.

What Zack Snyder did was a gimmick. What Ridley Scott shoots is art. Even his movies that sucked....they were all gorgeous.

Gladiator is way better.

300 is cool, but it's a flashy bro movie. Nothing more.

300 was good. But gladiator blows that shit away. Cuba Gooding finally got a chance to show off his acting chops.

Both great movies for entirely different reasons. The only similarity is that swords and spears are the main weapons.

This is like comparing apples to dildos. Not even in the same realm.

Both movies are in my top 5 of all time. Named my dog King Leonidas ( Leo). His wife in 300 was hot as fk

Gladiator vs Braveheart
Braveheart has my favourite medieval action scenes ever, Mel Gibson is a mad man. The amount of carnage in that film can't be taken in on one viewing, multiple viewings just to see the insanity.

now thats a mans umbrella

giphy.gif

I confuse all those Norris Vietnam/military movies to be honest, largely b/c his acting is atrocious

Now I don't forget the Octagon, or The Hitman with his majestic ponytail, or that one where the Soviets invade and he has a rocket launcher v rocket launcher shootout w/ the fake Rutger Hauer looking bad guy (Invasion USA)

I've never seen anything more awkward than his love scene in The Hitman.

a made up hero of the movie wherease the 300 spartans did infact die.
I know 300 was based on a comic or whatever but the Persians were PISSED at that portrayal. Xerxes looking like a giant Dhalsim and guys with masks shooting weird stuff.

I know 300 was based on a comic or whatever but the Persians were PISSED at that portrayal. Xerxes looking like a giant Dhalsim and guys with masks shooting weird stuff.
yea but the spartas still won vs army not seen since ww1.

the spartans sadly were engufed by alexander the "greats" campaign.

300 was just ok
Gladiator is a classic

I love them both ! If I had to watch one again I would chose Gladiator such a beast of a movie
Oh for shure B. I'm balls deep in both but Gladiator is a much bigger drawl.

Back