Give Jones Respect. He's not a judge and he fought his heart out.

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I can't stand all this hate. I know it was a close ass fight and coulda went either way but people are acting like Jones made the decision. He fought his heart out for five rounds and gave us all a show. Has to be FOTY candidate. People calling it a robbery are just fooling themselves. Either way you look at it, it's 3-2 Jones or 3-2 Gus so how is that a robbery? Lol. Anyway, my point is you gotta give the repsect for the heart he showed and kept bringing the fight all the way through. His toe was literally ripped off last fight so considering what he's gone through he still came out and put on a show. War Jones.

Can't give respect to a guy who talks about "exercising my warrior spirit".

Jones deserves respect for his fight last night, as does Gus. They both gave it everything. I had Gus edging it, but as TS said, Jones wasn't a judge. The decision was made by three other people.

Both of them were amazing.

Why?

Great post TS, jones didn't win the fight in my eyes, but that's not his fault. He fought his heart out and should earn respect for it.

Regardless of who they are both guys showed tons of heart and good chins, glad we could see a fight like that.

95% of sherdog doesnt even wanna see a great fight, they rather just have gus walk in cage and dana hand him the belt, there arent many fight fans here just cry babys and drama seekers.

Jones is a fantastic fighter. Gustafsson was just WAY better than people gave him credit for.

I am disturbed by the level of hate after this fight. Something about this fight in particular, people are furious and they really shouldn't be. They should save that fury for decisions that are truly horrible. People saying that this is a robbery is an insult to the term robbery, and people saying that they're never going to watch the ufc again for this fight is an insult to people who have good reason for saying such a thing.

I thought Jones was the CLEAR winner of the fight. People can say they they think Gus outpointed Jones. But to be so pissed that Jones won is wrong, imo.

95% of sherdog doesnt even wanna see a great fight, they rather just have gus walk in cage and dana hand him the belt, there arent many fight fans here just cry babys and drama seekers.

Very accurate post from the looks of this forum the last couple of days. Hardly anyone is talking about what a great fight it was. Just whining and whining and more whining because their latest hope lost.

Uhm, well isn't that exactly what he did? He got cut open badly in the first few minutes and got hit with shots that would put the average man unconscious and then proceeded to fight 20+ more minutes and win the fight. How exactly did he NOT exercise his warrior spirit? Maybe you just don't like him so you think it was a dumb thing to say, but he was spot on in saying that.

i do, for sure. I thought he was and maybe still is, currently the best overall MMA.

Gus just won the fight, but is was a hell of a battle the whole fight..favorite title fight since Shogun/MachidaI.

Back