Elections Giuliani Files for Bankruptcy

He won't pay a "tenth" because he doesn't have that kind of money. He will pay something though.

The MAGA base and Trump should have a GoFundme for Rudy; it's the least they can do.

donald trump hosted a $100,000-per-plate dinner for rudy the other month. wouldn't at all surprise me at all if only 1 plate got sold. and it was rudy who bought it. and he had to clean the plate after.

He'll probably get bail-out money... which him and his staff will use to take a first class vacation to Hawaii

BTW, how did Giuliani actually get to this point?

I'm sure when he and the other high profile names that decided they would push the 'election fraud' knew for sure it wasn't true - but I'm sure they also must have felt equally sure they would be protected.

Why didn't Giuliani have that protection? Is it because the accusations came after Trump was booted from office? Was Trump unable to pre-emptively pardon Rudy?

What's the deal?

won't save him from that 148 million debt to his defamation victims because the judge already ruled that he acted with willfull and malicious intent, and bankruptcy laws do not extend to court judgments which include willful and malicious injury caused to another entity or person. filing for bankruptcy won't make it go away.

also LOL

Judge hits Rudy Giuliani with ‘immediate’ enforcement of blockbuster verdict in defamation case​

A devastating order blocks Giuliani’s attempts to delay paying $148m he owes election workers

Pointing to his history as an “uncooperative litigant” and concerns that he will try to “conceal his assets” during any appeals, a federal judge has ordered that Rudy Giuliani must “immediately” pay $148m to a mother-daughter pair of election workers who sued him for defamation.

Last week, an eight-member jury found Mr Giuliani owes Ruby Freeman and her daughter Shaye Moss $16.2m and $16.99m respectively in compensatory damages, an additional $20m each for intentional infliction of emotional distress, and a further $75m in punitive damages.

The women then asked the court to dissolve a 30-day pause in the order, fearing that Mr Giuliani “will use whatever time he has to alienate or dissipate what assets are available to satisfy even a small portion” of the judgment awarded to them

“If Giuliani had intentions of absconding with or fraudulently transferring assets, he has ample time to do it,” Mr Giuliani’s attorney wrote in response.

In a devastating order on Wednesday, US District Judge Beryl Howell – who has been repeatedly frustrated by Mr Giuliani’s attempts to evade evidence throughout the case – struck down his arguments, and criticised his apparent ability to hire a spokesperson while avoiding his obligations to the court and the plaintiffs.

“Giuliani’s position thus appears to be that just as he has shielded his true financial status from examination by refusing to comply with discovery rules and court orders, he could have already effectively used that shield to hide his assets to avoid paying plaintiffs’ judgment against him,” she wrote.

“Notably, though he regularly speaks publicly about this case, Giuliani has never denied that he has taken steps to hide his assets from judgment creditors, and has offered no affirmative pledge that he will take no steps to do so, including in the next 30 days,” she added.

His defence “only bolsters” the concerns outlined by Ms Freeman and Ms Moss, according to the judge.

Mr Giuliani’s claims that he has experienced “financial difficulties” are “difficult to square with the fact that Giuliani affords a spokesperson, who accompanied him daily to trial,” the judge wrote.

Judge Howell had already found Mr Giuliani liable for defamation in a damning pretrial ruling earlier this year. Last week’s four-day trial in Washington DC sought to determine how much he owed.

The jury’s verdict delivers a massive legal and financial blow to Mr Giuliani, a prominent amplifier of conspiracy theories about election fraud who is now at the centre of two criminal indictments stemming from attempts to overturn 2020 results.

The verdict adds to a mountain of other legal obligations, including the election interference case in Atlanta that also involves the same lies about the women he now owes tens of millions of dollars.

Yep, he ain't getting out of this self-own, and I think he's way to stupid to be able to conceal his assets anyway.

Whatever he managed to squirreled off during the trial, they will find it.

I heard he is having a press conference at the Hilton paint ball gallery later today.

Seems like if you get involved with Trump you get burned....

Seems like if you get involved with Trump you get burned....

Well, duh. Trump is well known for throwing people under the bus as soon as they're not useful to him anymore. Everyone should know that by now and anyone dumb enough to associate with him in any way deserves the shit they get.

Well, duh. Trump is well known for throwing people under the bus as soon as they're not useful to him anymore. Everyone should know that by now and anyone dumb enough to associate with him in any way deserves the shit they get.
Trump is a walking open window…

He's been a super goof for a very long time. He's always been a weirdo, but he did have that one good run while Mayor. I think he ran out his good will from that stint long ago. He needs to knock his bullshit off and perhaps bankruptcy will wake him up? Nah... he's going to be a turd in indefinitely.

I'm sure when he and the other high profile names that decided they would push the 'election fraud' knew for sure it wasn't true - but I'm sure they also must have felt equally sure they would be protected.

Why didn't Giuliani have that protection? Is it because the accusations came after Trump was booted from office? Was Trump unable to pre-emptively pardon Rudy?

What's the deal?

The President can't pardon State or Civil charges. Only Federal criminal charges. This was a Civil case in which the election workers sued Giuliani.

What's the deal?

If you look at his entire career, he was a man of the administration. His whole life was spent trying to climb up that ladder as far as possible.

I think he probably took a gamble because he figured he was facing professional oblivion if Biden took office. He went back to being a regular lawyer during the Obama years. His only way of staying in power and remaining the man of the administration, was if the Trump admin was able to secure a second term.

Trump didn't pardon anyone for the election fraud, because doing so would be a confession that he's trying to fiddle the election.

It was Biden that did the fraud, remember? Trump was acting entirely righteously. Jesus told him about all the flipped votes (trust him bro).

Back