Gilberto Ramírez wants out of his Top Rank deal

We've heard this one before. See you in 3 or 4 years Gilberto.

I hope he gets out and gets on with Eddie. There are matches for him

Beterbiev isn't a match for him?

Great match but Bob won't let it happen. Bob wants Gilbert to be a Mexican superstar and only wants him winning and beter puts that at risk.

Gilbert beats beter IMO.

Great match but Bob won't let it happen. Bob wants Gilbert to be a Mexican superstar and only wants him winning and beter puts that at risk.

Gilbert beats beter IMO.

What makes you think Gilberto beats him?

What makes you think Gilberto beats him?

Just a style thing. Gilbert's pressure and volume will get beter to try and counter with his power shots but Gilbert won't give him the room to land fully and get beat up. Beterbeast has real power and wins by backing up his oppenets but Gilbert won't back up and be in chest from jump. I think the style favors Gilbert in this

Just a style thing. Gilbert's pressure and volume will get beter to try and counter with his power shots but Gilbert won't give him the room to land fully and get beat up. Beterbeast has real power and wins by backing up his oppenets but Gilbert won't back up and be in chest from jump. I think the style favors Gilbert in this
Beterbiev would absolutely demolish him.

Anyone who "pressures" Beterbiev is getting fucked up...

Beterbiev would absolutely demolish him.

Anyone who "pressures" Beterbiev is getting fucked up...

Naw. Beter is slow and doesn't seem to slick off the back foot. Gilbert would be right on him and hits hard enough to keep beter honest. Beter not just gonna bomb away on him. He would have to box a little like GGG did with Lemi and Gilbert wouldn't let him have that much time between exchange to reset and jab his way back to position.

Naw. Beter is slow and doesn't seem to slick off the back foot. Gilbert would be right on him and hits hard enough to keep beter honest. Beter not just gonna bomb away on him. He would have to box a little like GGG did with Lemi and Gilbert wouldn't let him have that much time between exchange to reset and jab his way back to position.
Yeah no.

Ramirez couldn't match him in a firefight and if Ramirez is off his back foot then he's at best losing on points because he really isn't skilled enough to outbox someone as good overall as Beterbiev.

We're talking not only a weight class or 2 apart in strength/size but also Beterbiev is just flat out better at boxing. And in a fight he uncle's Gilberts ass period end of story, i don't know how anyone could think.otherwise in that little area...

Yeah no.

Ramirez couldn't match him in a firefight and if Ramirez is off his back foot then he's at best losing on points because he really isn't skilled enough to outbox someone as good overall as Beterbiev.

We're talking not only a weight class or 2 apart in strength/size but also Beterbiev is just flat out better at boxing. And in a fight he uncle's Gilberts ass period end of story, i don't know how anyone could think.otherwise in that little area...

Not really a firefight. I don't see beter being able to get his shots off. It would look like Hatton vs Kostya.

Sign with Top Rank the said. Take the money the said. You'll fight the best they said.

Same story, told 10000 times.

Zurdo has looked ok against C class opponents

Biev just destroyed a top 3 in his prime

Zurdo may or may not be more skilled than Biev but fighting low tier guys for more than 5 years didnt help him to further develop

Not really a firefight. I don't see beter being able to get his shots off. It would look like Hatton vs Kostya.
I don’t know.... Zurdo coming forward constantly, not really minding his defense and throwing volume, but with his looping punches seems like a recipie for disaster against a killer like Beterbiev.

I get your point but nothing in Zurdo’s record at 68 indicates to me he can take Bievs power though. Zurdo can be active he can jab and keep the volume high but so did Gvozdyk & he was the faster dude landing hard and clean but Biev ate that shit and kept going. He also showed he isn’t a slow caveman, he jabbed, countered and set up his shots and displayed pretty solid basics, apart from all those sharp elbows and shoulder shots that beat you the fuck up when someone is that heavy handed. It’s a great match to see though.

Don’t get me wrong I think Biev has a solid chin but can be hurt and put out of there I just think it takes a hell of a shot to do it. Something raw, heavy and hard like a sweeping right alas Pascal vs. Browne that will catch Biev on the tip of the jaw, send him down and take his legs long enough for it to be called off. I think it’s the only way cause otherwise dude is a tank.

Back