• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Gilbert Won't Win

LeBron

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Kamaru is proving to be a transcendent fighter with his very long unbeaten run and domination of elite fighters. Meanwhile, Gilbert is a LW reject. Division GOAT contenders don't lose to people like that.

Burns has more ways to win, it's a hard matchup for Usman

I don't think we have seen anything from Burns to know one way or another how he is going to do vs Usman. He hasn't been in any trouble this entire title run he's on.

I think its going to be a competitive fight.

Usman 48-47 48-47 and 49-46

Burns has more ways to win, it's a hard matchup for Usman

Yea but how likely is each of those ways.

KO.. only person Burns KOd was Maia lately. Still possible, but unlikely. Especially after round 3, where I saw Burns slow down a bit vs. Woodley.

Sub.. possible but unlikely.

Points... in a 3 rounder I would take Burns. 5 rounds I'd have to give it to Usman. Cardio, strength, control. Burns got controlled by Woodley for a bit against the cage, and even by people like Gunar.

It's weird because on paper Usman is the better fighter clearly but the matchup favours Gilbert.

Not only will Gilbert not win, but he won't win a minute of any round

He's going to get smothered by a real welterweight

I normally look at every fight as 50/50 but I'm 100% confident Burns loses based solely on the fact that I picked him on DraftKings and everyone I pick loses. I'm pretty sure it's a curse

Usman hugs him into a living death

Burns by triangle rd 3

dare I say, mounted triangle?

Back