Gilbert Melendez would love to fight Ben Henderson in his hometown or Las Vegas

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I hope that all the SF champions get unification match ups on one big huge PPV card. That would be awesome to see them all get their shots on the same card. Though business speaking, I dont think it would make sense as they would probably want each champion vs. champion to be its own PPV.

Melendez v. Jim Miller... winner gets a title shot. Would be a great fight.

No way, Miller needs to string more solid wins. He's a top fighter but he recently got owned by Nate and lost not too long ago against Benson.

I hate that this loser gets to dodge Healy and go straight into the UFC. So unfair to Pat

No way, Miller needs to string more solid wins. He's a top fighter but he recently got owned by Nate and lost not too long ago against Benson.

But honestly, who else is there. Bendo just beat Nate, and Maynard already got 2 title shots. I think with consecutive wins over Lauzon and Melendez, Miller would have more than earned his title shot.

If Pettis wins you'd think he would have to get the shot first. If so Gil' fighting Maynard, Miller before hand would be cool.

Jim Miller took a bell to bell beating from Maynard. That's hard to overlook.
I would favor Miller over Melendez, however.

I hope that all the SF champions get unification match ups on one big huge PPV card. That would be awesome to see them all get their shots on the same card. Though business speaking, I dont think it would make sense as they would probably want each champion vs. champion to be its own PPV.

The problem is that these fights are not all feasible.

HW - Cain and Cormier won't fight, so unless Overeem takes the belt, that unification fight can't happen.

LHW - I'm not even sure who the champ is, but Mousasi and Lawal are the only guys that will sell against Jones.

MW - Anderson vs. Rockhold would be decent, but if anybody jumps Weidman, his fans are going to throw a fit.

WW - GSP vs. Marquardt would be an excellent fight, but Diaz and Hendricks are both ahead of Marquardt.

LW - This is the most feasible match. Everybody wants to see Bendo vs. Gil, and there is nobody who has an undeniable claim to #1 contender at LW. Unless Aldo beats Edgar and immediately moves up...

But honestly, who else is there. Bendo just beat Nate, and Maynard already got 2 title shots. I think with consecutive wins over Lauzon and Melendez, Miller would have more than earned his title shot.

Maynard hasn't fought Henderson.
Maynard has wins over 4 of the current top ten; Edgar, Diaz, Miller and Guida, the same as Ben.
Gil doesn't have a win over any fighter in the current top ten, neither does Pettis or Cerrone in the UFC.

The problem is that these fights are not all feasible.

HW - Cain and Cormier won't fight, so unless Overeem takes the belt, that unification fight can't happen.

LHW - I'm not even sure who the champ is, but Mousasi and Lawal are the only guys that will sell against Jones.

MW - Anderson vs. Rockhold would be decent, but if anybody jumps Weidman, his fans are going to throw a fit.

WW - GSP vs. Marquardt would be an excellent fight, but Diaz and Hendricks are both ahead of Marquardt.

LW - This is the most feasible match. Everybody wants to see Bendo vs. Gil, and there is nobody who has an undeniable claim to #1 contender at LW. Unless Aldo beats Edgar and immediately moves up...
"Everybody wants to see Bendo vs Gil". Really?
In your vernacular, everybody wants to see Gil win a fight in the UFC in order to "earn" a Title Shot.
See how that works.

I hate that this loser gets to dodge Healy and go straight into the UFC. So unfair to Pat

Right? He's so overrated I can hardly stand it. I fully expected him to peat Healy, but if he walks into a title fight with Bendo he will get demolished.

i don't see melendez making it in into the top 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back