• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Gifs - Why did Nunes actually lose to Pena?

Ehh... I don't think Pena will win the rematch, but Amanda is very beatable if she gets hurt.

Not a great reaction to being hurt at all.

Nunes wanted to get each punch back and expected to do so with ease, and just kept walking into shots.

You are delusional, if that were the case it would have been the only high 6 figure wager on a huge underdog in a WMMA fight. Plus if she got caught she'd be doing Fed time not to mention the hit to her legacy.
How is giving a scenario being delusional? Learn English.

Pena fought a good fight, but Nunes clearly wasn't the same fighter from the past.

Nunes looked like she was not mentally focused to me but it may be that the first round was tougher than she expected versus Pena on the mat.
Nunes gased at some point in round 2 (mouth guard open during striking part )

Every dominant champ loses at some point. I can see how it would be hard for Nunes to keep up her motivation after walking through so many opponents. There's no reason to look so tired after 1 round. Props to Pena for eating some heavy punches and giving it back, but I think Nunes beats her this time.

Amanda had her chin high in the air when throwing her punches
Amanda throws wide shots
Pena threw straight punches behind a raised lead shoulder

This is about your spirit and mentality, not many people understand this.

+1000 odds for Pena to submit Nunes

1000 bucks gets you ?

come on someones calculator must be working

now imagine dropping a mere 50k

Complacent long time champion over looked a live dog Challenger and when she got caught out of surprise her ego took over and she wanted to get the shot back so badly she just kept getting tagged ...

A more common phenomenon then one would think....

Think Nunes vs Cyborg same kind of thing... Nunes got beat like she beat Cyborg... Cyborg didnt stop and defend herself she just kept throwing and got put the sleep by Nunes...sounds similar no?

How is giving a scenario being delusional? Learn English.

Take your own advice and learn to read i broke it down for you. If you really think she threw the fight for gambling winnings you are out of your mind.

Complacent long time champion over looked a live dog Challenger and when she got caught out of surprise her ego took over and she wanted to get the shot back so badly she just kept getting tagged ...

A more common phenomenon then one would think....

Think Nunes vs Cyborg same kind of thing... Nunes got beat like she beat Cyborg... Cyborg didnt stop and defend herself she just kept throwing and got put the sleep by Nunes...sounds similar no?
I really hate this comparison. First off Nunes was already known to be a banger when she fought Cyborg, she had smashed some good fighters and won a belt at 135 so it’s not like she came out of the blue and became elite; she was already there.

Second, Nunes actually looked good putting Cyborg out. Although her flurries were wild her punches actually looked good. Penas didnt.

Had an opponent who she couldn't bully with size and power.

Take your own advice and learn to read i broke it down for you. If you really think she threw the fight for gambling winnings you are out of your mind.
I never said I thought she did. Are you just trolling? Annoying, but not funny or clever.

She underestimated Pena, got cracked a few times, then had an adrenaline dump and quit.

Plus was at her worst, or at the vary least close to worst, but yeah, I agree.

Because she's too busy becoming a husband now.
Pena made Nunes turn into Cyborg from their fight. That needed a rematch. This rematch is too soon and unecessary.
Does anyone care for Nunes?

Sadly I get the feeling Nunes will lose again. I don't think she has a steady training camp or team anymore which makes it difficult for her. Plus judging from social media she is busy with mom things.

Then again Carla Esparza won hwr fight in spite of her other commitments as seen in her social media.

Pena is a mom as well

Seemed like she lost her composure when Pena matched her intensity and kept landing cleanly.

Back