GIF: Fedor takedown Mir.

He hit some really good clinch work.

The knees were pretty solid.

lol and mir said the big advantage he had was against the cage :) besides he was the better martial artist

giphy.gif
"I'm a better Mixed Martial Artist than Fedor" - Frank Mur

Man, when that happened, you knew you were witnessing the greatest of all time...twilight of his career and the guy can pull that off when rocked.
Lol this was my live reaction. You can see when I say ‘oh shit’ when Fedor got dropped and then seconds later I get up and start walking backwards in awe of the hip toss.

great throw. You know Frank wasn't expecting to be thrown. His game plan was to prolly use some dirty boxing against the fence

That is not an osoto gari. It's a harai goshi.

No, look at the rotation into the throw (or lack there-of) and the hip-contact (or lack there-of). Its osoto-gari, and in fact the way Yamashita used to do it in competition.

No, look at the rotation into the throw (or lack there-of) and the hip-contact (or lack there-of). Its osoto-gari, and in fact the way Yamashita used to do it in competition.
I also think it's a harai goshi.

Osoto-gari:
o_soto_gari1_06.jpg

rmjyRmQ.gif

osotogari1.jpg

Now compare it to Fedor.
giphy.gif

great throw. You know Frank wasn't expecting to be thrown. His game plan was to prolly use some dirty boxing against the fence
Wasn't Mir's gameplan against Carwin to get him up against the cage and even his corner said that Carwin would fade? I might be misremembering.

newbs, that's not a hip toss.
This is a hip toss, by UFC star CM Punk no less:
gZN9Y.gif

Back