(GIF) Dustin Poirier with some dip & slip

This is when i started to yell at the TV. I gave Dustin a good chance to win but never did i think he would school Conor in a technical striking match. No fluke here.

Cred zahc94 for vid.

look at conor what a scrub. just throwing off balnces 1,2 over and over again

This is when i started to yell at the TV. I gave Dustin a good chance to win but never did i think he would school Conor in a technical striking match. No fluke here.

Cred zahc94 for vid.

He had McGregor's timing down about a minute into the second round. By the three minute mark, McGregor couldn't land anything.

I knew that Poirier was going to have success at the end of the first, but I'm still shocked at how fast he just demolished McGregor when he got into a rhythm.

his leg is compromised, hes not the same fighter as he was even 5 minutes prior. stop talking shit about elite fighters, hes not the scrub between the two of you.

This is like Rocky 3, too much money and fame.

He fell in love with the 1,2 combo. 2nd fight with Diaz he started biking a lot and noticed he had much better cardio for that fight. This fight man.. big difference.

That's when I knew Conor was fucked. He never misses wildly like that. There was even more after that video.

He did eat the third left hand by the exact same combination RIGHT AFTER the ones you showed, though :)
Still, cool slips.

That’s when he started getting in the groove. At 2:47 he lands a shot that puts Conor in serious trouble, nothing to do with the leg.. He lands a beautiful short right hook that I feel like everyone missed!!

his leg is compromised, hes not the same fighter as he was even 5 minutes prior. stop talking shit about elite fighters, hes not the scrub between the two of you.
Oh he certainly is. I don't punch old men :).

giphy.gif
Happy Birthday to me!

Cred zahc94 for vid.

My fiancee and I went CRAZY when we saw this live! It was in R2, right?

We were rooting for both guys, but nervous that Dustin was going to get KOed early. And to be sure, Dustin got hit a bunch in R1. But then, all of a sudden, he starts slipping Conor's punches better than anyone ever has out of fucking nowhere.

Stuff like this is why I love MMA!

Actually Dustin's right hook counter was the beginning of the end for Conor. It hurt him bad and then he couldnt regroup effectively due to the dead leg.

Not very many people noticed this but you're right. After getting tagged at 2:51 of rd 2, Dustin landed that right hook at 2:46. The rest was just formality.

Agreed, shitty performance for McGregor standards. The Alvarez fight McGregor looked a lot sharper and tuned in than this one.

I think Conor looked a lot better there because everything was going his way and Eddie was fighting shit and losing his cool.

He looked fine against Dustin, but Dustin is a lot better on the feet than Eddie.

That’s when he started getting in the groove. At 2:47 he lands a shot that puts Conor in serious trouble, nothing to do with the leg.. He lands a beautiful short right hook that I feel like everyone missed!!
Yup yup. That was the shot that started the end.

Damn conor overextend so badly, he's lucky there arent too many good counterpunchers in mma

He did eat the third left hand by the exact same combination RIGHT AFTER the ones you showed, though :)
Still, cool slips.
Yep, and Dustin took it really well. A few seconds latter he lands a straight counter that wobbles Conor and it all went downhill from there

Back