(GIF) Do You Think that Herb Dean...

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
Would have stopped the fight if it wasn't for the mouth piece distraction?

3o7abnYhr0BUdSLCYo.gif

He screams at Bisping because he doesn't want something crazy happening while Bisping is talking to him

And then it does. Lol.

The "oh shit" factor causes him to hesitate and freeze up.

Herb shakes his head in bewilderment and is probably wondering if that little distraction had just caused Bisping to be KO'd rather than thinking that the fight should be stopped.

It's actually a little comical. But what do you think? Please keep it civilized.

Kinda bm for silva to throw a flying knee knowing bispings triyng to get his piece and its been out for a good while imagine if he lost a tooth

Protect yourself at all times.

That being said, Anderson was getting fucking murked before he took advantage of a distracted and defenseless fighter.

bisping shouldn't have spit it out

No...Bisping fell hard but there was one second left and he wasn't out. Still had a hand up protecting his head and was talking to Herb right away.

If there were a few more seconds on the clock sure.

Okay I'm not debating the ethics of him throwing the knee, I'm asking if you think it was distracting enough for Herb to hesitate where else he would have just stopped the fight?

herb dean was about to stop the fight then silva started acting a fool

and herb was like nah fuck that

I've seen guys pause to let the fighter get his mouthpiece back, I've also seen them sieze the opportunity like AS did. It feels dirty, but is within the rules and Bisping should have kept his head in the game. What Herb did was spot on though imo. There wasn't a good break in action for him to stop the action.

The strike landed right before the bell but if Silva threw another strike instead of turning around, I think Herb would have stopped it.

Those sort of KO's happen often, where the fighter walks off and the ref takes 2-3 seconds to assess the damage and wave the fight off. I don't think Herb being distracted mattered, he was right there.

It was just one of those things, two seconds earlier and he gets the stoppage, albeit a win via questionable ethics.

Kinda bm for silva to throw a flying knee knowing bispings triyng to get his piece and its been out for a good while imagine if he lost a tooth

He was mad because Bisping knocked out HIS tooth earlier.

Stop the fight before you converse, Herb Dean trying to cause a distraction finish like it's WWE

Really strange situation. I could definitely see the fight getting stopped. But I think Herb was right to let it continue.

There are no fighter timeouts in MMA, the ref did not stop the action, thus the shot is legit and personally I think that shot is a KO 7-8x out of 10.

I think Herb Dean didn't want Anderson to get the win with that shot (maybe somewhere inside he felt like it was cheap even though he knows it was legal) so he made a split second call and then decided to stand his ground on it.

Frank Mir was up WAY faster than Bisping (vs Barnett) and that fight was stopped in a heartbeat (maybe because Barnett was looking to follow up but anderson instead wanted to have his badass lookin walk off KO..,)

I don't know why but the more I watch this gif, the more I find it funny.

I was unable to watch the fight and still don't know exactly went down, but even though that knee was thrown at a questionable time it was still beautifully placed and executed.

Silva could have showed more class.I rooted for Bisping after the knee. It made Bisping's victory even more tasty

Back