Gianni Grippo v Paulo Miyao, and Keenan Cornelius

as good as the Miyaos are, I cannot stand to watch any of their matches in their entirety.

Because this match is LITERALLY 8 minutes of footsies, and the final score is 0-0. Then both get up celebrating like they battled a 20-20 point match.

They are both high-caliber competitors, but this style is not pleasing to watch.

as good as the Miyaos are, I cannot stand to watch any of their matches in their entirety.

I've seen matches that are stalled out in 50/50 and footsie with ineffective foot locks, especially when they are playing guys that are good at the same game, but I've seen other match ups that their game gets to flow and they're fun to watch. Paulo's matches at Copa Podio were all pretty good. Last year at Pans I saw him berimbolo a guy in the absolute that looked like a super or ultra heavy, take his back and choke him. To me most of his matches he seems very active and very intense.

Didn't Paulo beat Grippo very soundly after he switched to Marcelo's?

it's just not my cup of tea. i am no where near trying to downgrade their level of skill, I just don't enjoy 50/50 matches.

Back