News Gian Villante will fight Chris Barnett at UFC268

I've always had a soft spot for Chris "Beastboy" Barnett, after seeing him faving entertaining fights on so many IGF (Inoki Genome Federation) and Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye cards back before RIZIN got started, when we were starving for Japanese MMA...

Barnett also fought for a couple Rizin card now that I'm thinking about it (like against Baby Fedor) and had a bunch of fun matchups for ROAD FC
His grappling bout against Yoel Romero was also pretty fun, on that strange "Masvidal vs Showtime Pettis" card

Aside from the grappling contests, he's also had several kickboxing, bare-knuckle boxing, and 6 boxing bouts over the years.
His latest boxing bout was in 2016 against Demarcus Kemp, you can enjoy it here:

(for maximum value, watch it on x2 , Chris punches like old Vitor that way)

I'm glad he can hopefully finish his MMA career in the UFC, he deserves it. Let's hope he'll have more success against Villante than against Ben Rothwell...
WAR BARNETT

You ain't Josh but you're still pretty damn cool

Last edited:
Gian must have a Jessica Eye contract. Not that i want to see anyone get cut but damn im surprised he is still in the UFC.

I actually like this scrap.

Don't get me wrong, Gian still in the UFC is a head scratcher, dude lost recently by a sloppy submission to Maurice Greene who has since been cut.

I'm a big fan of Beast Boy though. So really hoping he gets the win, and I think he most definitely will here. Great opponent for him to get a W in the UFC.

I'm intrigued anyway.

Gian Villante. And people complain that Jessica Eye is still in the UFC.

south-park-no-idea.gif

ITT: me learning Gian Villante is still in the UFC.
GIan Villante is really fairly hopeless.

My guess is that he is only still there as he is best buddies with Weidman and Weidman is tight with Matt Serra who is one of Dana's best buddies. Same reason Chris Weidman is still around to be honest.

Gian Villante is not UFC-caliber in any way, shape, or form. Chris on the other hand? I know he lost to Big Ben in his debut, but he was fairly competitive in the opening stages of that bout -- and on extremely short notice at that. No small feat considering Rothwell is a veteran with a solid record who can be frustrating to fight even at this stage in his career. As such I could actually see Beastboy racking up some Ws against some of the unranked Heavyweights in the division with his skill set, experience, and weird athleticism.

I'd be fairly surprised if Barnett doesn't win this bout via comfortable Decision or (T)KO.

Villante has been in the UFC for 8+ years. His record 7-10. How the hell is he still around?

Villante has been in the UFC for 8+ years. His record 7-10. How the hell is he still around?

To get KTFO by Beastboy in this fight.

This fight is a perfect fight for Barnett to get the win and continue forward in his unexpected UFC career.

Big fan of Barnett.

To get KTFO by Beastboy in this fight.

This fight is a perfect fight for Barnett to get the win and continue forward in his unexpected UFC career.

Big fan of Barnett.

He's fun to watch. He was landing on Rothwell pretty hard until he got tired. Rothwells chin is just made of steel.

Reactions: TCE
He's fun to watch. He was landing on Rothwell pretty hard until he got tired. Rothwells chin is just made of steel.

Yeah, and that fight was like a week notice for Beastboy.

They had a couple other short notices for Rothwell but they fell through, so Beastboy got the call.

I love it he's finally in the UFC. Now he's got to get the work in.

GIan Villante is really fairly hopeless.

My guess is that he is only still there as he is best buddies with Weidman and Weidman is tight with Matt Serra who is one of Dana's best buddies. Same reason Chris Weidman is still around to be honest.

That can't hurt, but perhaps in a practical sense the heavyweight division is paper thin. They are shuffling around old farts and one skill fighters in the upper weights, the roster depth is atrocious.

Weidman still has name value, will fight anyone (to his detriment) and has been a career long company man. He's also probably pretty inexpensive given his relative ROI for them.

Loser gets cut fight. Unless the loser is Villante, then he gets another 3 fights.

I actually like this scrap.

Don't get me wrong, Gian still in the UFC is a head scratcher, dude lost recently by a sloppy submission to Maurice Greene who has since been cut.

I'm a big fan of Beast Boy though. So really hoping he gets the win, and I think he most definitely will here. Great opponent for him to get a W in the UFC.

I'm intrigued anyway.

Gian is just the Serra/Weidman connection I think. Plus he seems like a likeable guy so the brass probably just like him.

Back