Gi sleeve length for competition

ShadowNINku

SANDBAGGER BELT
@purple
Reaction score
I know that large tourneys like pan ams mundails are very strict but im doing Naga and heard its no big deal,
when I put my arms forward the bottom of my wrist to end of sleeve is 3 inches...I wear an A3 at 192 lbs studly body...freaking big shoulders and traps....wtf, an A4 would fit my body huge most notably anywhere below my chest

so what to do???
any gi's with larger sleave length???
can I trim them professionaly if I get a new gi and my sleeves are huge???
get a new gi???
do blue gi's shrink less??

...This is sort of a discussion on gear but also on competition and rules so I posted here .....

ShadowNINku said:
I know that large tourneys like pan ams mundails are very strict but im doing Naga and heard its no big deal,
when I put my arms forward the bottom of my wrist to end of sleeve is 3 inches...I wear an A3 at 192 lbs studly body...freaking big shoulders and traps....wtf, an A4 would fit my body huge most notably anywhere below my chest

so what to do???
any gi's with larger sleave length???
can I trim them professionaly if I get a new gi and my sleeves are huge???
get a new gi???
do blue gi's shrink less??

...This is sort of a discussion on gear but also on competition and rules so I posted here .....

You can get a bigger gi, and have it tailored to size. I took mine to an alteration place to get the length of the legs shortened a bit, and they did a fine job.

I don't think three inches is too bad, but I've never competed in anything too strict. Just keep a judo gi on the side, lol.

Dont alter it! I made the mistake of doing that, and to say the least they made a 160$ mizuno gi useless. They made a seem all the way up the side and only sewed it across with 1 stitch.. They said the material was to thick to alter easily. Not because their machine couldnt take it but the lady said it hurt her hands to manuver the heavy material under the leather machine.

a couple practices later the seem ripped all the way up the side and split the gi... Just buy a new one.

Having pants altered is fine, pants are alot thinner and more straightforward. Ived had a couple of pants done and always happy.

But the gi i thought i would happy but i had to throw it away after a couple uses.. It was freighing and falling apart.

Im 6'2 210-215
I wear a3's normaly.. but also have an A4 keiko Racca limited that sleeves fit good on and only a little to long and big on the body.

I have an a2 on the way for competitions... ive tried them on and i can get by.. When i extend my arms it goes just to edge of my wrist....but the jacket is very snug.. I like it that way.

Back