Gi Review Warrior-One

jamison

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey folks, time for another review. I've had this gi for over a month now. I've worn it 8 times and spent around 20 hours in it. Usually like to put more time in a gi, but I'll do a follow up later. The gi I'm reviewing is the black double weave Warrior-One. This kimono is currently going for $89.99.
Initial impression/style: The first thing I noticed when I took the gi out of the box is the Warrior-One logo. Someone at Warrior-One came up with a wonderfull logo. It has japanese writing under it, which I'd love to know what it means.. The logo is red and (looks stunning against the black double weave) embroided. Yes folks, embroided. News flash for gi/clothing makers, embroided is the way to go. It just looks like some money went in to making this kimono. Other than the embroidery, the gi is just plain black. This is the kind of gi for someone that is not trying to look too flashy. There are no patches all over the gi, just a professional looking, quality gi. At the same time, I think this is the perfect gi for someone looking to put their own patches on and be creative. You can really make this thing one of a kind. I have a ton of patches from Casca-Grossa and may do just that.
Fit/Comfort: I'm about 5'9 and 200lb's with a muscular build. The gi fits a tad baggy, which I enjoy. There's nothing worse to me than being tied up in my own gi. The top seems a seems a little snug under my arms while the rest of the gi seems "comfy" around the torso. I' would personally like to see more room under the arm, but I also do not have the average build. The pants may be my favorite part of this gi, there a very smooth cotton and just super comfy. I actually wore theese around the house on a couple occasions. The pants fit relaxed on me, yet a tad slim and long. Again, I run into this with most gi's from my body type. I will probably hem them up. If I were to get this gi again, I'd purchase a larger pant (A4 size equivelant) and hem them up. The sizing on the Warrior-One gi is original. The size sent to me was 5/190 Thats around an A3. I prefer the normal sizing standard's, but only from familiaraity.
Quality/Durability: Let me first say I own 3 Atama's, 2 Koral's, a WAR and just this morning got in a Keiko Raca. This is the most indestructible kimono I have ever worn. After 20 hours in this thing, it still looks brand new. The embroided logo seems untouched with no out of place stitching. Nothing has torn or stretched. This is built to last. It's a thick, very strong gi. The bottom of the pants and around the waist where the tie's are, have remained perfect. The same can be said for the gi top. If someone is looking to buy only one gi this year, this should be a obvious choice. I dont think I own a better built gi.
Other impressions: I'm going to guess the that Warrior-one.com has some previous Judo experience. This gi seems almost a hybrid of a Judo/BJJ kimono. The collar is beefy and strong. It has been tugged and pulled and still seems brand new. I will say this gi is perfect for anyone who wants a mature yet modern looking gi, that does not stand out with a bunch of patches. Perfect for those who want to put theor school logo patches on. It is also great for those who do both Judo as well as BJJ. This gi is a best buy at only $90.
Style:8
Fit/Comfort:7
Quality/durabilty: 10
Value:10

Look for a follow up in a couple months for long term impressions.
www.Warrior-One.com

Cool review.
I was originally a hater on Warrior-One because of the poor production quality of their web-page.
But Im glad someone took the intiative to check out their product and give their honest opinion. Its our job as consumers to be skeptical.... but glad to see they are offering a good kimono at a good price.

Gsoares2 said:
Cool review.
I was originally a hater on Warrior-One because of the poor production quality of their web-page.
But Im glad someone took the intiative to check out their product and give their honest opinion. Its our job as consumers to be skeptical.... but glad to see they are offering a good kimono at a good price.
Thank you my friend. Good to see someone appreciates it.

Gsoares2 said:
Cool review.

I'm right online with you Gsoares2. Good to see that there products are working out Jamison.

Gsoares & Adino,

Can understand your skepticism since we don't have a high tech website. With our small budget, everything right now is going into product development. We'd rather put the money into developing quality and original products than into a fancy website (for now anyways).

Jamison,

Thanks for your detailed review on our gi.

Best wishes for 2006,

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

Well I hope you did not take it personally Keven. We have to deal a lot with guys who create cheap web sites who dont give a rip about MMA, they just was us to guy there crap. When you get lots of guys comming here and doing that it's where your mind goes first. So my appologies, I'm glad that your getting the ball rolling at warrior-one. Every once in awhile we get some small guys like you who are more than we could hope for so hats off to ya :wink:

I bump this thread by saying i got 2 warrior 1 gis in a two for 1 sale over a year ago, a blue and a white double weave. On the whole i'd heartily agree with the TS, both gi's are built like tanks with great thick collars. you can tell the quality by the reinforcement in places like the arm pit, and they have a nice fit over all, good sleeves etc. The blue has faded a little over time but it has got a lot of use, but the white still looks smick. These aren't the softest gis i've ever worn especially after washing, but the lining inside is very nice, they just go stiff after washing/drying on a line but once you start things going they're great.

I'd defintely recommend them for someone looking for something durable, stylish and affordable.

warrior one has GREAT stuff and awesome knowledgabe fun people.
every time ive gone in, ive ended up spending a bunch of extra time in the store just talking to the person there. and their products are definately top quality.

warrior one has GREAT stuff and awesome knowledgabe fun people.
every time ive gone in, ive ended up spending a bunch of extra time in the store just talking to the person there. and their products are definately top quality.

Stop spamming dude! Did you really need to up every single warrior-one post? This ones from 2006!!!

Back