Gi Review [RyuReviews] - Mizuno Yusho II

ryureviews

White Belt
Reaction score
The Mizuno Yusho II is a judo kimono that was designed for competition with high quality materials following the new IJF rules. This is a great judogi that is light, comfortable and with a good price. If you

Interesting review -- thanks! Did you wash the size 2 in only cold water to maintain its fit? Also, how long does it take to air dry after washing? I find that full cotton lapels tend to never really completely dry for me during the winter months, and so I usually have to size up so that I can have a judogi that fits within regulation AND that can be tossed in the drier every time. I guess that was problematic with the size 2.5 for you in regards to horizontal shrinkage exceeding vertical shrinkage, right? I was actually looking at picking up a Yusho II in the near future, so I appreciate your review. Thanks!

Interesting review -- thanks! Did you wash the size 2 in only cold water to maintain its fit? Also, how long does it take to air dry after washing? I find that full cotton lapels tend to never really completely dry for me during the winter months, and so I usually have to size up so that I can have a judogi that fits within regulation AND that can be tossed in the drier every time. I guess that was problematic with the size 2.5 for you in regards to horizontal shrinkage exceeding vertical shrinkage, right? I was actually looking at picking up a Yusho II in the near future, so I appreciate your review. Thanks!

Yes, always only in cold water. It takes about 5 hours to dry completely if it's a hot day and you're hanging it on the shade.

Yes, they don't shrink as a whole (vertical and horizontal) so I wouldn't count on shrinkage and using the dryer. Get the size that fits you perfectly. And if you need, get an extra kimono but don't shrink them since there's no knowing on how it will happen.

I strongly recommend the Yusho II great value and my favorite judogi so far.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the clarification!

One more question: Are you familiar with the old Mizuno Shiai? How does the Yusho II compare to it in your opinion? Thanks!

Awesome, thanks a lot for the clarification!

One more question: Are you familiar with the old Mizuno Shiai? How does the Yusho II compare to it in your opinion? Thanks!

I've never had a Shiai. But they are not IJF legal and not pre-shrunk like the Yusho.

Yeah, I know the Shiai's are only IJF compliant versus IJF certified; I ask because I'm fairly familiar with that model (well, that and the old Eurocomps, God bless'em LOL) and just wondered how the Yusho II compared. Also, the North American model Shiai's are preshrunk, so I was wondering if the Yusho II's were as shrink-resistant (the NA Shiai's just DON'T shrink at all, even in hot wash and hot dry haha). Anyway, thanks!

Back