Gi recomendations?

Miguel Guerrero

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Hey there. My actual gi sucks, and im about to get back to training october 1st, so I was wondering what gi you guys recommend me since im kind of new to the whole size thing... Im 175cm and 73kg (5'9 and 160ish), dont really have long legs or anything... ive been looking up the Manto single weaves, but ive read that the A2 size is actually pretty big.

HELP! :icon_lol:

i dont have manto but you are probably one size bigger than me. I am 170 cm and 67-70kg. I wear A1 in almost all brands bc I have short arms and short legs.

You cant go wrong with fuji, padilla and sons, and some name brands. I own keiko raca, bad boy, fuji, and padilla and sons. For a beginner, I suggest padilla and sons or fuji. Keiko Raca is baggy around the chest and sleeves. It is very nice gi but I hope it fit me better.

Ronin brand is nice also. I had Ronin fighter gi and the weave was same as Koral. I really liked the gi but I bought a size up and I ended up selling the gi to a training partner. Its little bit more expansive and gets abrasive if you hang dry it but I really liked the gi.

It comes down to how much money you're willing to spend and how serious you are about training. If you're not very serious about training and/or you're not willing to spend over $100 go with the Fuji, Howard Combat Kimono, or Padilla and sons kimonos. If you don't mind spending over $100, I recommend a Koral or a Vulkan Pro light size A2.

I'm 5'8 (173) and 70-75kg (155-165 lbs) and size A2 usually fits me really well right out of the bag. If not, one hot wash and/ or drying cycle gets the job done.

Depends on if the gi is a preshrunken gi or no. I am 5 8 155 and I am either an A1 (Lucky, Koral, Shoyoroll, OTM and Ouano) but an A2 in (Atama, M kimono, Fuji)

Right now my gi of choice at a good price is between the Fuji gi and the new OTM gi. I prefer the OTM because the pants fit nicer and have a lot of features I like but the fuji is cheaper.

I think im going to get the Atama 2009 mundials A2 (black), im buying it from atamaeurope.com, I suppose theres no doubt thats a safe web to buy from right?

I think im going to get the Atama 2009 mundials A2 (black), im buying it from atamaeurope.com, I suppose theres no doubt thats a safe web to buy from right?

Can't go wrong with the black mundial 9. It will fit you like a glove.

Can't go wrong with the black mundial 9. It will fit you like a glove.

Yeah, its one of the most expensive, and everyone says its one of the best too. Plus estetically its my favourite, not like gameness, which im sure is a great gi, but it looks ugly to me xD

I'm from Spain SubmissionFC, thats why im buying from atamaeurope. I pay in Euros.

Back