Gi Cleaning

arm lock sub

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought two white gis and well have had trouble with one...the white pants got a lot of dirt in the knees can't seem to take most of it off...I know they are going to have build up at the knees but man this looks like I just rolled on dirt.

What products do you recommend for tough stains that don't damage the gi? I don't live in the US so household products or some easy to find products would be best for me! thanks guys!

I usually try laundry detergent soaking on the stain (either powder mixed with a little water to make a paste, or pour liquid detergent directly onto the stain. rub it in and let it sit for a few minutes before washing).

OxiClean!

billy-mays-oxi-clean.jpg

i was having the same issue with my batch 6 shoyoroll. it just seemed to hold onto dirt a lot more than my other white gis that were older and had more use. on the suggestion of a couple guys here i picked up some shout advanced gel (with the scrubby bristles top), and the stuff works awesome! i actually tested it on the knees by just rubbing it into a strip in the middle of the dirtiest part of the knee, and sure enough when it came out of the wash it was much whiter, a noticeable difference. i've used it a couple times now get the grunge out of the sleeves, and on a couple minor random blood stains. works like a charm. the gi is looking 100% better. it still looks like a used white gi, but without the brownish tint on the sleeves that had been developing before.

Back