Ghostrunner (2020) - PS4, Xbox, PC; Release: October 28th

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This game looks pretty sick, I love the environment and tone set in the gameplay. The music is also pretty cool.

What say you? Interested?

I played an FPS with the title of a Skrillex song, Syndicate - and it gives the same vibe I got from that.

Here is the release date trailer:

I might be a borderline boomer because I think only shoot em ups should be first person games. Anything else seems strange.

Nice looking game though.

This game is hard as fuck right off the bat, but it's going to be super fun once I get the hang of it.

This game is hard as fuck right off the bat, but it's going to be super fun once I get the hang of it.

I really wish it was in a 3rd person perspective. Would’ve been fun seeing him zip n rip.

I almost bought this a while back but had no idea we've a thread on it; glad to hear dawgs are picking this up. Looks not good but great, and in spirit an FPS-take on Ruiner + wall-running. What has the score/OST been like so far?

I almost bought this a while back but had no idea we've a thread on it; glad to hear dawgs are picking this up. Looks not good but great, and in spirit an FPS-take on Ruiner + wall-running. What has the score/OST been like so far?

Some people seem to love it. I think it's forgettable, tbh. It just sounds like what you'd expect; High octane electric music, whatever you'd call it haha

Played the first level and thought it was okay. For 20 bucks I'll hold on to and finish it. I wish devs wouldn't try to take on DX12 without knowing what they're doing though. Ray tracing and DLSS aren't actually features of this game with how bad performance is outside of DX11.

I wish devs wouldn't try to take on DX12 without knowing what they're doing though. Ray tracing and DLSS aren't actually features of this game with how bad performance is outside of DX11.

<JerryWWF>

In english, please.

<JerryWWF>

In english, please.
Eh, if you don't know what any of that means there's probably no reason for you to care. Probably should avoid making threads discussing the quality of a game's graphics though.

Eh, if you don't know what any of that means there's probably no reason for you to care. Probably should avoid making threads discussing the quality of a game's graphics though.

Because I don’t speak nerd ?

<YeahOKJen>

Played the first level and thought it was okay. For 20 bucks I'll hold on to and finish it. I wish devs wouldn't try to take on DX12 without knowing what they're doing though. Ray tracing and DLSS aren't actually features of this game with how bad performance is outside of DX11.
Downloaded this tonight, what did you mean here? I’ve got in on Ultra settings with DLSS on, seems to run great.

Downloaded this tonight, what did you mean here? I’ve got in on Ultra settings with DLSS on, seems to run great.
I haven't logged into the game since October, so I don't know how it runs for me currently; but I had pretty big frame drops and pretty awful frame pacing issues. It's the only game that I've knocked down to DX11 since getting this graphics card, and the last time I checked this seemed to be pretty common.

Mileage may vary pretty wildly on PC though, and it has been like 6 months.

Edit: You can find a couple of 30-series card owners posting in the Steam forums talking about DLSS isn't even working for them after the second level (I never made it that far).

I haven't logged into the game since October, so I don't know how it runs for me currently; but I had pretty big frame drops and pretty awful frame pacing issues. It's the only game that I've knocked down to DX11 since getting this graphics card, and the last time I checked this seemed to be pretty common.

Mileage may vary pretty wildly on PC though, and it has been like 6 months.

Edit: You can find a couple of 30-series card owners posting in the Steam forums talking about DLSS isn't even working for them after the second level (I never made it that far).
Gotcha, I only played through the first level tonight. I’ll mess around more tomorrow. Really cool concept, would be a shame if performance issues keep it down.

Gotcha, I only played through the first level tonight. I’ll mess around more tomorrow. Really cool concept, would be a shame if performance issues keep it down.

Have you got any deeper into this game? It's on sale for $15 and I'm thinking of picking it up.

Have you got any deeper into this game? It's on sale for $15 and I'm thinking of picking it up.
No not yet. I got it for the same price. Not a huge commitment but I’ve heard mostly positive things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back