New Ghostbusters Film out in 2020

As long as they can keep the spirit and feel of the original I'd be ok with it.
The original is a dark fantasy film with elements of horror, sci-fi, and comedic tones coming fronng character interation. They went wrong with part 2 in making it a comedy first (also didn't have the cinematographer and scorer of the original and the look and sound were very important), never mind the reboot which makes Ghostbusters 2 look like Tarkovsky.
It's the same dilemma the Return of the Living Dead series had where the original was pretty serious and the characters and their interactions provided the comedy (it wasn't at the forefront), then the sequel came and made it a comedy first, taking away all the tension and serious aspects that made the original so great.

As long as they can keep the spirit and feel of the original I'd be ok with it.
The original is a dark fantasy film with elements of horror, sci-fi, and comedic tones coming fronng character interation. They went wrong with part 2 in making it a comedy first (also didn't have the cinematographer and scorer of the original and the look and sound were very important), never mind the reboot which makes Ghostbusters 2 look like Tarkovsky.
It's the same dilemma the Return of the Living Dead series had where the original was pretty serious and the characters and their interactions provided the comedy (it wasn't at the forefront), then the sequel came and made it a comedy first, taking away all the tension and serious aspects that made the original so great.
The first was a comedy (dark comedy). It's just that it was more balanced between everything you mentioned and was cleverly written. But yeah, I agree with you.

The remake was garbage... I dont' care that there was a woman cast, what made it horrible was the fact that it was so AWARE it was a woman cast. It was more like a parody of Ghostbusters as women instead of just a bunch of Ghostbusters that happen to be women.

And I was 9yo when the first movie came out, so I grew up with ghostbusters as much as anyone.
This. At certain times I wasn't sure if I was watching a Ghostbusters reboot or just a Ghostbusters parody. They went overboard with some of the stupid stuff. Like Chris Hemsworth. I get what they were trying to do, but he was so overly dumb that he felt more like a Austin Powers character then just an airhead hot guy.

This. At certain times I wasn't sure if I was watching a Ghostbusters reboot or just a Ghostbusters parody. They went overboard with some of the stupid stuff. Like Chris Hemsworth. I get what they were trying to do, but he was so overly dumb that he felt more like a Austin Powers character then just an airhead hot guy.
Yeah, I liked the reboot but the male secretary character was a bit overkill with the dipshit gimmick.

Yeah, I liked the reboot but the male secretary character was a bit overkill with the dipshit gimmick.
So the “female” version of ghostbusters has a male secretary?

Jesus

it was a financial disappointment because the crying was so momentous from little dicked white guys that it killed much of the momentum of regular people going to see it. people are sheep, and when they go on twitter or ballstains.com or whatever other shitbag social media site they use, everyone looks at comments of reviews or headlines and sees thousands of dipshit comments saying the movie sucks before it even came out.

which is strange b/c the average 16-25 year old didn't fuckin grow up with ghostbusters. i did, i was born in the 80s. that shit was my fuckin jam, i had all the toys, i watched the cartoon daily, and even had the fuckin photon packs and shit. nobody was a bigger ghostbusters nerd than me, and i thoroughly enjoyed the remake.

Wow. You managed to make this racial. Impressive.

So the “female” version of ghostbusters has a male secretary?

Jesus
I mean, in the film they did do things to take digs at common movie tropes, and that was one of them. And it could have been fine, if they hadn’t made the guy SO DUMB it was a wonder he could even wipe his own ass. And then they throw him in there frequently to keep rubbing your nose in it. I think that’s my major complaint about the film.

Just don't make it an SJW shitshow like the last ghostbusters. What a disaster. There are very few female comedians/actors who can carry a comedy movie- I don't think there ever was one.

Just don't make it an SJW shitshow like the last ghostbusters. What a disaster. There are very few female comedians/actors who can carry a comedy movie- I don't think there ever was one.

Bridesmaids was good, but I cant think of another movie with many women in it that's funny.

Bridesmaids was good, but I cant think of another movie with many women in it that's funny.

Women in leading comedy roles= disaster.
Only male comedy actors can lead and that's just a reality of life. Very few women IRL are actually funny- it's the men's duty to entertain and bring levity. I didn't invent the world, just the way things are.

Women in leading comedy roles= disaster.
Only male comedy actors can lead and that's just a reality of life. Very few women IRL are actually funny- it's the men's duty to entertain and bring levity. I didn't invent the world, just the way things are.

The Heat was good.

I don't think it is that women are not funny-...but rather that men and women have different thought processes about many things...meaning plenty of women in movies are funny to them...and not so much to men.

I don't laugh at things a 5 year old would- other than farts...it just means our brains are different.

1547953465656.jpg

giphy.gif

Will it be more inclusive this time?

The first was a comedy (dark comedy). It's just that it was more balanced between everything you mentioned and was cleverly written. But yeah, I agree with you.

I think it was a hybrid movie, but it wasn't a comedy first where it was trying to force laughs (which is what I was trying to convey), it was there to tell a story first and the comedy came naturally from it and the characters. It's one of those movies that fits in multiple categories equally. Ghostbusters 2 tried to be funny and characters started reacting in a heightened form (like Winston's reaction to the ghost train), it sucked out a lot of the serious elements that made the original work. I'd put Ghostbusters in a similar category to Midnight Run in how it operates.

I think it was a hybrid movie, but it wasn't a comedy first where it was trying to force laughs (which is what I was trying to convey), it was there to tell a story first and the comedy came naturally from it and the characters. It's one of those movies that fits in multiple categories equally. Ghostbusters 2 tried to be funny and characters started reacting in a heightened form (like Winston's reaction to the ghost train), it sucked out a lot of the serious elements that made the original work. I'd put Ghostbusters in a similar category to Midnight Run in how it operates.

Really I think the sequel ends up being a rather mixed bag, you have some parts of it that feel as witty/scary as the original but you also have others that feel like a shift towards a more typical family blockbusters, not actively bad but lacking the same edge to them..

I always felt part of the problem is that the first film almost feels like a sequel in itself, often you do find comedy sequels can if not surpass the original at least offer a different or more refined take on the premise(Back to the Future 2, Gremlins 2, etc) yet with Ghostbuisters I think the original already feels like its doing that. Perhaps the product of the script itself going though such a long process of writes and re writes, an excellent advert really for the kind of time/effort spent on a script that Hollywood rarely seems to care about anymore.

I would say as well the original's supernatural plot is definitely more interesting, you could argue the whole thing isn't really very "ghost" focused bar the opening and is actually much more Dan Aykroyd in full supernatural conspiracy/Lovecraftian mode.

Last edited:
Hopefully they try to actually make a good movie this time rather than SJW propaganda wearing the skin of a good movies corpse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back