GGG/Marco Antonio Rubio set for Oct 18th at Stubhub center in LA

Canelo is almost certainly fighting Cotto in his next fight.

I hope so. That, and GGG can take another fight in the mean time. Then the winners can fight.

Ultimately, I want Canelo vs Golovkin.

Canelo is almost certainly fighting Cotto in his next fight.

Canelo and GGG are actually closer in weight than Cotto and Canelo. Cotto is like 155, while Canelo and GGG are at least 170. But I agree that Cotto vs Canelo should happen first. I just hope Cotto isn't outweighed by 20 pounds on fight night. I wish they would do something to keep that from being the case.

I think the winner should fight GGG. But again, they have to keep it safe. Cotto fighting GGG at their natural weights would be comical. They would have to agree to fight at 154 or something.

eRomCyh.jpg

Cotto is no middleweight. He weighed in at 155 vs Martinez, didn't even try to get up near 160.

l_9e236fcfc2406738e5c72082bf60fcbfCotto_Martinez_NY%20pc_140312_002a.jpg

Last edited:
Canelo and GGG are actually closer in weight than Cotto and Canelo. Cotto is like 155, while Canelo and GGG are at least 170. But I agree that Cotto vs Canelo should happen first. I just hope Cotto isn't outweighed by 20 pounds on fight night. I wish they would do something to keep that from being the case.

I think the winner should fight GGG. But again, they have to keep it safe. Cotto fighting GGG at their natural weights would be comical. They would have to agree to fight at 154 or something.

eRomCyh.jpg

Cotto is no middleweight. He weighed in at 155 vs Martinez, didn't even try to get up near 160.

Whatever. I'm saying I bet we see Canelo vs Cotto and neither guy fights Golovkin.

GGG's there to be hit but he also is the type of guy who always finds your chin at some point. Both guys would take a lot of clean shots

Well I hope not! If GGG lands some clean shots then the fights over very fast! Rubio had a good chin and couldn't even make a ten count! And if you look at the punch in slow motion by no means was it a clean shot.

Well I hope not! If GGG lands some clean shots then the fights over very fast! Rubio had a good chin and couldn't even make a ten count! And if you look at the punch in slow motion by no means was it a clean shot.

Rubio was there to collect a check

eRomCyh.jpg

Cotto is the middleweight champ.. the fight should be at middleweight.. or he should give up his belt and move back down

Gonna guess neither fights GGG too.

Canelo doesn't seem like the type of guy who would duck anyone. If he beats Cotto and GGG wins his next fight, everyone is going to be clamoring for that fight, so I imagine Canelo would go right for it.

Neither guy is a scared pussy who runs and hides behind hordes of excusses and bullshit. It'll happen (as long as they both win) I'm sure.

If you are the LINEAL champion of a division then you should fight at that weight. No question about it.....If not vacate and go back to whatever division makes you comfortable.

Canelo matches up against GGG way better than Cotto size wise

GGG and Cotto look like two weight divisions apart

hqdefault.jpg

Canelo matches up against GGG way better than Cotto size wise

GGG and Cotto look like two weight divisions apart

hqdefault.jpg

This fight would be phenominal. I honestly don't see Cotto being Canelo. Then Canelo vs GGG is a toss up for me.

Nonito Donaire finally got what he deserved for fighting guys 2 or more weight classes smaller than himself for his entire career.

Cotto should vacate his belt and go back to 154. He achieved something pretty miraculous in winning the middleweight title, but he's clearly too small to defend it against GGG (at that weight). If you aren't truly the best in the division, then leave the division. Ducking is shameful.

I want Cotto to vacate. Then we can see Canelo vs Cotto at 154, not 155. Canelo can either make his proper weight of 154, or he can't make it and needs to move to middleweight.

GGG can knock out Martin Murray in the mean time.

Then GGG can fight the winner of Cotto vs Canelo. If Cotto wins, they need to fight at 154 so that GGG doesn't comically outweigh Cotto. If Canelo wins, they can do a catch-weight or middleweight fight since they are both about the same size.

If the winner of that is Cotto, he'll catapult up the ATG list. If it's Canelo he'll become a living legend in the sport. If it's GGG, he should fight Froch and Ward, and maybe go down as one of the great middleweights ever.

How heavy someone is depends on a lot of things. By all accounts I've been able to find, Canelo is heavier than GGG. He may have bigger legs or a bigger bone structure.

Here is another example. Regardless of their appearance, these guys are the same weight:

l_a7d7fad3417810ac215515fde4e96dbbPacquiao_Bradley%20weighin_120608_003a.jpg

I want Cotto to beat Saul and then rematch Floyd next. So Floyd could the win MW Crown then walk away.

Back