Get Your Damn Teeth Cleaned!!!

No wonder @Zer stopped identifying as Asian.

images

Damn!

I had a tooth issue for years before I got it taken care of. What happened with me, was one day my filling came loose and fell out of my tooth. I hadn't gone to the dentist in some time, because the dentist I had at the time was a crook, trying to overcharge me for all types of extra services that I didn't need. Anyway, I left it like that for a few more years, then I started to feel the pain of an infection. Finally went a saw a new dentist and got a root canal. Little did I know, this new dentist must have been some type of unlicensed quack, and when my crown came off my tooth, I went back to the office to find it gone!!!!

After that, I found a legit dentist that was recommended to me. Had another root canal done, but the infection just would not go away. Another year passes and I tell my dentist to just pull the tooth because I am tired of dealing with it. Now, 3 years later my mouth has never been better!

So, agreed OP, everyone should keep on top of their dental hygiene.
That's how I got an abscess tooth once too. Root canal, years later the filling/crown fell off when I was eating an apple. And then I ignored it for a few more years.
Woke up one day and my gums were swollen, I pressed against it and puss came out.

I knew that was not good. So I went to the minor ER for anti biotics. Then to the dentist.

They tried to suggest a second root canal on the same tooth.. costing thousands. I paid a couple hundred bucks and said fuck that tooth get it out of my face.

I never go to the dentist. Probably should start. Last time I went I was expecting them to tell me my teeth were horrible, but he actually said it wasn't bad at all.

I hate the dentist. Fucking cans slash my gums up with their torture devices, then tell me I need to floss more.

F you, buddy.
Get an electric water pick to clean between your teeth, you can't get in there just brushing, your gums won't bleed at the dentist then.

Get an electric water pick to clean between your teeth, you can't get in there just brushing, your gums won't bleed at the dentist then.
I have one of these, they're great and a game changer. The one I have has different tips you can use.

I have one of these, they're great and a game changer. The one I have has different tips you can use.

Yeah I always go to the dentist every six months but I didn't go for two years during lockdown and my gums started getting inflamed, got one of those water picks and it fixed them up really quick.

I'm going to get one of them, thanks.

I hate using regular floss. Threading them between my teeth feels unnatural and I wonder if I'm doing more harm to my teeth then good.

I had a root canal and 3 teeth crowned last autumn/winter time. I had about 3 weeks of the worst pain of my life, for one week it was so bad I was taking everything at double the recommended dose, and chewing ice, and taking opiates and I was still in agony.

The NHS dentistry folded but they lied that it was still going, I was trying to get on the system. Ended up spending a couple of grand on private and fell asleep during the root canal because of the localised novacaine pain removal. One of the best moments of my life. During that week I'd pay whatever.

My conclusion was that in our mad Max apocalyptic future the wastelands will be dominated by roving bands of bloodthirsty motorcycle riding cannibals lead by dentists.

Luckily for me and our daughter, my girlfriend is a dental hygienist. Since we met, she has always stressed how important dental hygiene is for your overall health, and the dangers of dental bacteria, especially to your heart. I am thankful that my benefits through work cover a cleaning every four months instead of every six, so I get to go three times a year instead of the usual two.

We all had our pre-Christmas dental cleanings done yesterday, and today I woke up to this...

"

Former NFL wide receiver Mike Williams died of brain infections stemming from dental problems, officials say

After lots of rumors swirled surrounding how former NFL Mike Williams died, officials released an official cause of death late Thursday, while still leaving the door open for other factors.

It was initially reported on Sept. 5 that the ex-Tampa Bay Buccaneer had died after he took an accidental blow to the head at a construction site. However, days later, it was revealed he was "fighting for his life."

Williams eventually died on Sept. 12 at the age of 36, and the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner Department said he succumbed to "Bacterial Sepsis with Cerebral Abscesses and Necrotizing Lobar Pneumonia due to multiple Dental Caries and retained tooth roots."

Essentially, his brain had pus growing around it after he had severe dental problems to the point where infections spread. Initial tests showed he had brain swelling and infections.

Fox 13 Tampa also says heart disease played a role - he suffered from a cardiac arrest, as well, shortly after the construction accident that occurred back on Sept. 1."

If you are afraid of the dentist (this is normal for a lot of people), or needles in your mouth (unpleasant) they have great numbing gels and sprays now, and some offices even offer sedation such as nitrous oxide.

If you have been putting it off - please go get a cleaning and get any dental issues you may have, taken care of. They never get better on their own, and the longer you leave them, the harder it will be for them to save your tooth.

Give yourself the gift of excellent oral health!

May your gums be healthy, your teeth pearly white and cavity free.

Merry Christmas Sherbros.

Fuck teeth....just grind shit up into shakes.

Anyway, thanks for making me think of Hendo...

1703328383346.png

I think teeth cleaning is somewhat helpful but isn't the answer for all dental problems. I have my teeth regularly cleaned, along with my daily brushing the flossing. That routine though never did much to stop dental issues from forming.

I've thought that Dentist Weston Prices book fascinating. Dr. Price would visit cultures were brushing teeth didn't happen yet the people rarely had dental cavities/problems. Dr. Price concluded that diet was more important for dental health. His book ~

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration Paperback – January 1, 2009​

For nearly 10 years, Weston Price and his wife traveled around the world in search of the secret to health. Instead of looking at people afflicted with disease symptoms, this highly-respected dentist and dental researcher chose to focus on healthy individuals, and challenged himself to understand how they achieved such amazing health. Dr. Price traveled to hundreds of cities in a total of 14 different countries in his search to find healthy people. He investigated some of the most remote areas in the world. He observed perfect dental arches, minimal tooth decay, high immunity to tuberculosis and overall excellent health in those groups of people who ate their indigenous foods. He found when these people were introduced to modernized foods, such as white flour, white sugar, refined vegetable oils and canned goods, signs of degeneration quickly became quite evident. Dental caries, deformed jaw structures, crooked teeth, arthritis and a low immunity to tuberculosis became rampant amongst them. Dr. Price documented this ancestral wisdom including hundreds of photos in his book, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.

Brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush your motherfucking teeth.

...Besides, with the flu, common cold, covid, herpes, and a bunch of other contagious viruses and bacteria, who would want to? When I bring weed to friends houses/pool parties etc, I will always roll one out of my own stash for anyone who asks so they have their own joint to smoke. I always thought it was pretty gross to see the same 5 people in a circle passing around a slobbery wet joint (especially when these people are drunk) from one mouth to the next.
Actors in TV and movies often share the same joint, glass, kiss on the lips, on the genitalia.

I floss everyday and still get hard spots near the gums and use a metal tip dental pick to try to scrape it off to floss smoothly.

I recently got a Sonicare ultrasonic toothbrush. I'll see if it makes a difference over the next few months when I get my semiannual teeth cleaning.

I was just discussing the story with my girlfriend and she said just 1 abscess can kill you.

I have absolutely no idea, based on the details in the story, how he ever managed to eat or drink. The pain must have been incredible.

Also Mike Williams' contracts paid him a guaranteed $10.5 million dollars.

"2013-2018 - Mike Williams signed a 5 year, $39,620,000 contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including $9,400,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,924,000.

2010-2013 (Entry Level) Mike Williams signed a 4 year, $2,328,250 contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including a $538,248 signing bonus, $538,248 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $582,063."

Where the heck did all this guys money go? He made a guaranteed $10.5 million MINIMUM over his playing career, ended up having to work construction, and died from tooth decay/gum disease?

Unbelievable.
My guess is drugs and whores

Doesn’t help most insurances don’t properly cover dental services

Good luck getting a root canal and crown back to back without paying a significant amount out of pocket smh

Just want to point out that listerine is harmful and there is a connection between its use and worsening diabetes as it destroys beneficial bacteria in the mouth flora that help you process foods properly(especially with utilizing nitrates).

If you want a great mouth rinse that will not have advertise effects and will work better, then get some tea tree oil and add a couple drops to some water and rinse.

Back