Get your Affirmative Consent kit now!

JDragon

Lawn and Order!
@Gold
Reaction score
I first thought this was satire, but it appears it's not.

http://consentgear.com/collections/...-contract-consentconscious?variant=3589790401

Includes condoms, peppermints, and your sex contract!! To make sure that Yes means Yes!

It's easy to have the consent (Yes means Yes) conversation - communication is everything. Consent is Sexy.

Now I'm far away from being one of the "She did not say no, so I put it in her butt" kind, but this is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen...

This is downright ridiculous. Things like this make me happy that I don't live in first world countries where personal delusions are systematically turned into real life problems.

Then again, even if I did live there, none of this would apply to me since I have never practiced one night stands and meaningless hookups.

How do you prove she wasn't drunk when she signed it?

How do you prove she didn't withdraw consent afterwards?

The best solution is for both parties to wear body cameras the whole time.

How do you prove she wasn't drunk when she signed it?

How do you prove she didn't withdraw consent afterwards?

Even then, it will not be possible to prove that she (or he, by the way) did not withdraw her / his continuous consent afterwards because she / he was coerced / intimidated to fake consent.

I don't think these are realistic things or something that happens often, but this shows how senseless it is.

Why don't they bring a referee? The ref can jump in to stop the action at any time.

Do they think it's really better for women, who almost always try to underplay their sexual history, to have guys with proof of banging chicks? Just wait until one skanky chick tries to kill herself when 15 guys start posting the one night stands and fuck buddies she's had online for everyone to read. We'll see how "sexy" they think these conversations are then.

Do they think it's really better for women, who almost always try to underplay their sexual history, to have guys with proof of banging chicks? Just wait until one skanky chick tries to kill herself when 15 guys start posting the one night stands and fuck buddies she's had online for everyone to read. We'll see how "sexy" they think these conversations are then.

Next year's hot item: Confidentiality Agreement kit. Secrets are sexy!

I'm in the minority on this. I think some sort of proactive approach is important.

I understand the people that think it's unnecessary or just foolish. But then when some girl states that she's been the victim of rape, you get a bunch of people questioning whether or not she consented, whether her actions demonstrated consent, etc.

The intelligent response is to simply force the conversation up front. It has a chilling effect on false rape charges (not that it eliminates them completely). A woman is far less likely to claim rape after her victim can show that he addressed the subject and she gave some form of consent.

The only real argument against it is that kills the mood or spontaneity of some sexual engagements. That's true. But that spontaneity is also where most of the mistakes as to consent actually occur. I don't think people can have it both ways.

If you want to keep spontaneous sex without discussion then you have to accept that there will be misunderstandings that a woman will interpret as force. If you want to reduce those misunderstandings then there has to be a proactive approach to verifying consent. I'm not a girl and I only have male siblings and a male child, I don't lose any sleep over the "did she consent" issue. But I have a niece and I think she'd be safer if men stopped long enough to verify.

Kills the mood yes, and it also says "I don't trust you"

I mean, an easy solution is "Don't have spontaneous sex with persons you don't trust".

Victim blaming, IMO.

Goes both ways, obviously. Protects against both false rape charges and getting raped.

No contract will build enough trust for an activity that usually has no witnesses.

I mean, an easy solution is "Don't have spontaneous sex with persons you don't trust".

You would think that would clear it up. But someone is going to argue that they should be free to have all the spontaneous sex with all the untrustworthy people they can find and no one should ever question their intent after the fact. Privacy, bro.

Goes both ways, obviously. Protects against both false rape charges and getting raped.

No contract will build enough trust for an activity that usually has no witnesses.

Or does it....

I'm in the minority on this. I think some sort of proactive approach is important.

I understand the people that think it's unnecessary or just foolish. But then when some girl states that she's been the victim of rape, you get a bunch of people questioning whether or not she consented, whether her actions demonstrated consent, etc.

The intelligent response is to simply force the conversation up front. It has a chilling effect on false rape charges (not that it eliminates them completely). A woman is far less likely to claim rape after her victim can show that he addressed the subject and she gave some form of consent.

The only real argument against it is that kills the mood or spontaneity of some sexual engagements. That's true. But that spontaneity is also where most of the mistakes as to consent actually occur. I don't think people can have it both ways.

If you want to keep spontaneous sex without discussion then you have to accept that there will be misunderstandings that a woman will interpret as force. If you want to reduce those misunderstandings then there has to be a proactive approach to verifying consent. I'm not a girl and I only have male siblings and a male child, I don't lose any sleep over the "did she consent" issue. But I have a niece and I think she'd be safer if men stopped long enough to verify.

It would be great if human mating behavior was that simple and straightforward :).

But I don't think its just a problem of spontaneity. Usually when woman sleeps with a man for the first time, a big part of the psychological process of her lowering her defenses often involves the woman mentally giving up a certain amount of control and accountability for her actions. Ie: "Well one thing led to another, and so it happened".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back