News Gerald Meerschaert breaks the tie with Anderson Silva, officially has most finishes in UFC MW history

It's nice being able to fight the bottom level ufc guys... he's like a gatekeeper to the ufc... if you can beat him you are good enough for the ufc if you lose to him... you probably aren't... but this is like Matt Brown having the most knockouts when he fought the worst fighters in the ufc I mean it's true... but does it matter?

Just goes to show the level of the MW division nowadays, even an unranked guy can break Anderson's records now. Incredible.
Anderson did it while champ. If anything it should be easier to be an active fighter at a lower level. You fight more often and are facing guys that are easier to finish in theory.

It's kind of funny to remember the hate Silva got... Izzy vs romero and Cannonier were both so much worse
Oh Anderson is the best mw ever without a doubt. He just didn't lose on purpose or to get lackluster decisions over finishes. The hero worship gets a little insane. Like I'm a big gsp fan, he fought some fights safe it's ok lmao.

Anderoids *records continue to be shattered. Lmfao
Nah. The first ufc records were with a smaller roster that’s all.

These new guys can fight more times on the undercard and legitimately never sniff a PPV but have been in the ufc a decade.

Records mean nothing.

Gsp as well

I really hate this era of MMA where guys are breaking records just because of tenure. A lot of these records now are held by guys that have never won a title and are journeymen.

It meant something when guys like Andy, GSP, Fedor, etc. held records.

I mean the Black Beast has the most KOs in the UFC HISTORY and he’s almost a 50/50 fighter. When you think of all time records, I think of all time greats and you just aren’t seeing that.

GM3 is and always will be my boy.

Tied him by Sub / Morales by KO on Saturday and made bank, only increases my love for him

I really hate this era of MMA where guys are breaking records just because of tenure. A lot of these records now are held by guys that have never won a title and are journeymen.

I mean the Black Beast has the most KOs in the UFC HISTORY and he’s almost a 50/50 fighter. When you think of all time records, I think of all time greats and you just aren’t seeing that.
A record is a record is a record. Silva a victim of circumstance sure, but you can argue fairly that the MW division is far deeper than when Andy was at the top

Finishing guys in the 15-30 range isnt the same as finishing career top 10 guys.

Still a great stat for an under appreciated fighter. Fun guy, always live!

It started with Cerrone and Miller breaking lots of records for wins, fights, etc. There's something to say for longevity, but all of the guys mentioned (including Lewis) were mid-level to gatekeeper at best. Cerrone and Lewis both got one title shot and both failed miserably. Miller and Meerkat never came close to fighting for the belt.

It started with Cerrone and Miller breaking lots of records for wins, fights, etc. There's something to say for longevity, but all of the guys mentioned (including Lewis) were mid-level to gatekeeper at best. Cerrone and Lewis both got one title shot and both failed miserably. Miller and Meerkat never came close to fighting for the belt.
Cerrone failed miserably. Came out after a full training camp and got ran over by RDA.
The UFC wanted to capitalize on Beast's growing popularity so they threw him on the Houston card short notice and threw DC a truckload of money to accept it. Remember he said that if they offered him Stipe he would've turned it down on a and insisted on a full camp but he couldn't turn down Beast and all the money the UFC was offering?

Well it's not like he could've just magically finished them whenever he wanted if he felt like it. He was hesitant in those fights because of the sub risk. He CHOSE to take the safer route.
Agree to disagree.

Back