Georgi Karakhanyan has the next Bellator FW title shot against Pitbull.

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Georgi Karakhanyan is the former WSOF Featherweight Champion.

georgi-karakhanyan-wsof-7.jpg

He has recently beaten two elite college wrestlers.

He beat Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 with this guillotine. Palmer was a Four-time All-American at Ohio State.

georgipalmer.gif

Karakhanyan also beat Bubba Jenkins in impressive fashion at Bellator 132 via guillotine. Karakhanyan put him to sleep in the first round. Jenkins was the 157lb NCAA champion in 2011 at Arizona State.

LivelyNaturalBunting.gif

Last edited:
I think they're rushing it a bit especially if Weichel does well and beats Curran next month.

Georgi Karakhanyan beat two elite college wrestlers.

He beat Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 with this guillotine. Palmer was a Four-time All-American at Ohio State.

georgipalmer.gif

He also beat Bubba Jenkins in impressive fashion at Bellator 132 via guillotine.

jenkins is just not gonna make it....lowest fight IQ I've ever seen. I mean 1) you can look at GK's fightfinder (much less watch his fights) and see he loves to guillotine wrestlers... and 2) he jumped into it and was almost finished 5 secs earlier. I guess it could be that he still doesn't have any secondary skills, just takedowns and that's it.

I knew when Jenkins tried to slam out of the guillotine and couldn't it was over. I think Georgi should get another fight before the title fight though but then again who's left at 145? If Patricio beats Strauss I don't think they'd give Curran another shot at Patricio after beating only weichel and I don't see Curran losing to weichel so georgi might be their only option

He will fight Pitbull.

was pretty disturbing how proud of himself he was when telling the story of punching the ref.

i love how bellator had georgi come out and face off pitbull! makes it more exciting, i think bellator will beat ufc in ratings one day

Geogi is a good fighter, but his interviews make him seem like a thug. Its hard to support fighters like that.

I'm not a fan of the move but i suppose they are expecting Curran to beat Weichel on top of not honoring the remnants of the tourny system anymore. With two tournament winners gone without ever fighting for the belt(Rampage and Frodo) and the neverending Jansen snubs. The tournament winners aren't "owed" shit anymore.

i love how bellator had georgi come out and face off pitbull! makes it more exciting, i think bellator will beat ufc in ratings one day

what do you mean? bellator has already done better ratings than some UFC cards.

They've really only went head to head, card vs card on free tv on close to equal networks once and UFc won Sept 5th show.

But Bellator has the bigger tv network and if they put a Tito or Kimbo fight on against a UFC FN with Thatch or Lamas/Mendes they def would do better ratings.

what do you mean? bellator has already done better ratings than some UFC cards.

They've really only went head to head, card vs card on free tv on close to equal networks once and UFc won Sept 5th show.

But Bellator has the bigger tv network and if they put a Tito or Kimbo fight on against a UFC FN with Thatch or Lamas/Mendes they def would do better ratings.

Since when is SPIKE TV bigger than FOX? Pretty sure the cable channel that only hits a single demographic isn't as big as a network channel that hits every demographic. Just saying...

Since when is SPIKE TV bigger than FOX? Pretty sure the cable channel that only hits a single demographic isn't as big as a network channel that hits every demographic. Just saying...

He means FS1 and 2

huge fan of both Gerogi & Patricio, going be torn on who going to win

5 Rematches in a row for the Featherweight belt, pretty crazy. Glad we break up the Straus/Curran/Pitbull trio for now. Fights are fun but just been too much of it. Would have liked to see them just go with Jenkins and Weichel so you guarantee a new fight. But is what it is, I suppose. Georgi and Pitbull are two fun guys to watch, think Pitbull handles him again though.

I think curran/weichel winner is next,but i would like georgi to get his rematch at some point too

Geogi is a good fighter, but his interviews make him seem like a thug. Its hard to support fighters like that.

Whenever this happens, just remind yourself that he is a vegetarian. Hard to imagine him as a thug after that.:)

I would rather see German Drake finally get his title shot rather than Georgi vs Pitbull 2. Maybe if he beats Curran, we'll see it, just glad that they're giving the Curran/Pitbull/Straus thing a rest.

Makes me wonder though, who's getting the best shot at the Bellator LW belt? Jansen or Held?

Back