• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social George Floyd statue unveiled at Newark City Hall in New Jersey weighs 700 pounds

His victims feel really safe in the direction this country is headed
Amazing, the United States is so absolutely lost. A statue for a drug addicted career criminal. Sam Johnson, a ceo saw some loud lgbtq man in a dress and simply says “you look like a joke” and he lost his job as ceo! In America we say screw the tax paying bad ass who creates jobs and works his whole life, let’s love the mentally ill trans boy in a dress. Forget about the pregnant women who had a gun at her belly, George Floyd is a saint and that’s that.

Amazing, the United States is so absolutely lost. A statue for a drug addicted career criminal. Sam Johnson, a ceo saw some loud lgbtq man in a dress and simply says “you look like a joke” and he lost his job as ceo! In America we say screw the tax paying bad ass who creates jobs and works his whole life, let’s love the mentally ill trans boy in a dress. Forget about the pregnant women who had a gun at her belly, George Floyd is a saint and that’s that.
<PlusJuan>

I would love to hear one of the brainwashed leftists respond to this. I question if this is real life anymore. We cater to the mentally ill and demonize the working class. Almost as if the elitists in charge are doing this intentionally to preserve control and distract from real issues.

Is the statue of him breaking into a woman's home while holding a gun to her stomach?

I’m not familiar off top of my head with hitlers invasion of Poland, I’m not a history buff but I did recently read a history book on America including the civil war.
Not sure what you mean by “being occupied” since I consider the north the traitors. I’m on team north, they were in the right. But I’ve always heard about the south being traitors but if you look into it, the union was based on a written contract based upon written agreements among the states. The north stopped adhering to those agreements and the south said fine we have the right to succeed from the union then. The north then said the hell you do and called for the war. I mean that’s obviously a very simplistic minimal summary but in a nutshell, yeah the north were the traitors.
I believe the south had the right to concede from the nation when the North changed the rules. They wanted to but the north didn't agree and waged war on them by sending the children of the poor and FOB immigrants off to fight.

As you said the north was clearly in the moral right but holy moly.

I dont blame the officers who are resigning at large in Portland. If you are hated by the city officials and city in general whats the point staying?

They want their "Defunding" well...
We need to defund the police it’s the only way!

Ahh yes a staute of a great African American. And the left and others want to win support for their cause but this is your hero.

Next they will but one up of the guy that shot the cop and was then killed by the police.

I think one of the big things that turns "regular" people off in this discussion is exactly stuff like this. I think if we had an honest that Floyd had a lot of problems. He had a criminal past, mental issues and drug addiction but at the same time, that is no excuse for how he was treated and ultimately was murdered.

Instead, there's this push to repaint the narrative, paint him as a martyr and someone who was completely innocent and murdered for nothing. It's no better than rewriting books. People see through it.

I feel bad for what happened to Floyd and 100% believe it was murder but this kind of stuff doesn't help.

Lol comparing Floyd to hitler it’s a bit of a stretch no?
was actually going against the "if he's dead you can't say anything bad against him" argument, which every adult knows it isn't true.

His victims feel really safe in the direction this country is headed
What’s your stance on confederate statues, any issue removing them from public lands?
I dont blame the officers who are resigning at large in Portland. If you are hated by the city officials and city in general whats the point staying?

They want their "Defunding" well...
Can always higher new officers.

All that marching, protesting, looting, burning, and violence after his death and all we got was a 700 pound bronze statue, huh? Oh and some murals of George Floyd. And yellow BLM signs in the street and BLM flags on state and federal buildings. All symbolism and no substance

No George Floyd Act Executive Order from the WH or anything else to combat police brutality. This is what we get: a bronze statue that will be vandalized on the regular by ignorants and will make front page news on CNN. And sadly, many people in these communities will just accept this statue as a 'win'

I've said it before: I don't believe any of the press, politicians, or activists really want any laws or executive orders passed to stop police misconduct. Too many people are profiting off the death of black men at the hands of law enforcement for that gravy train to derail
Newark is a mid size American city. The George Floyd police act is federal and needs to be passed with all the protections.

Back