Genki Sudo

SBJ

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
MMA legend Genki Sudo organised last August 24, 2014, an Ikkiuchi 8-man grappling tournament held in the Zenryuji Temple in Adachi, Japan.

Ikkiuchi was in homage to the old traditional Japanese tournaments but using the modern BJJ style and rules.FBGGAd-GamePlan-BJJEE

The matches were five minute round and a 3 minute extension if nobody submitted. There was no prize money.

3749-668x446.jpg

Genki Sudo

WTF was that bullshit from 1:45-1:52?

That is such a badass setting for any martial arts tourney. Do they also do Judo tournaments at these temples? I

Wow, probably the first time I ever saw a flying armbar attempt from a guy in an Aikido skirt.

Wow, probably the first time I ever saw a flying armbar attempt from a guy in an Aikido skirt.

That was such a beautiful fashion statement given the setting. Didn't the first generation Judo guys train in those kinds of pants before the attire was formalized?

I'm glad the guy in the aikido skirt didn't win.

That was such a beautiful fashion statement given the setting. Didn't the first generation Judo guys train in those kinds of pants before the attire was formalized?

Nah I don't think so. In fact I think they wore those really short sleeved and short pants uniforms. More like a jinbei or something.

Back