Gene Simco Jiu Jitsu DVD's?

Air Biscuit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this DVD/book for my brother for X-Mas. It's on sale at Chapters bookstore for only $22.24. But I've never heard of Gene Simco.

It's called "No Rules Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: Includes DVD". Has anybody ever gotton this & is it any good?

0806526963_b.jpg

Lots of people here do not like Gene Simco. However his bjj basics DVDs are good for an intro to BJJ

Man I Heard the same thing, this Gene Simco Guy is a money maker that it no pride in the martial art
itself

Judoka For LIFE!!

Deutscher78 said:
Man I Heard the same thing, this Gene Simco Guy is a money maker that it no pride in the martial art
itself

Judoka For LIFE!!
thanks man

People don't like him, and if your read the previous threads you can get the story. As far as his product goes... His was the first BJJ book I ever got, and quite frankly I thought it was a top notch product. I've only thumbed through the book that you show, but it didn't look bad to me. Anyway, read what people say and then decide.

Ybot, I had the exact same experience. The first (and still the only) BJJ I bought was an old Gene Simco book at a garage sale. I thought it was very good, albiet very basic. I've gotten some real good stuff out of it (I still use the airplane sweep as explained in that book all the time, with good results).

Air Biscuit, if your brother is a hardcore BJJ purist he may not like it, because for some reason Simco has gotten a bad rep in the BJJ community. However, I love my tattered old Simco book, and think it's a solid instructional.

Back