• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Gegard Mousasi to defend title vs. John Salter at Bellator 264, Aug. 13

They are not too far off from the level of Combate fights, though and look at them, they are the #2 MMA promotion of the world. If only they would be aired at a Latin American TV station.
Honestly with the records of the prelim guys, it might turn into all swang and bangers

How can anyone hate Mousasi? The guy is the most honest fighter I have ever seen. He doesnt say shit just to be nice or look humble, just complete honesty. Its also hilarious that he had no idea Bellator was with Showtime, the guy just doesnt care about anything else, just fighting and getting paid. Also, its fucking scary to look how unassuming and dorkey he looks.

How can anyone hate Mousasi? The guy is the most honest fighter I have ever seen. He doesnt say shit just to be nice or look humble, just complete honesty. Its also hilarious that he had no idea Bellator was with Showtime, the guy just doesnt care about anything else, just fighting and getting paid. Also, its fucking scary to look how unassuming and dorkey he looks.

Gegard has always been my fav MMA personality. Just doesn’t give a fuck most of the time, which makes people think he isn’t trying a lot of the time since he looks bored

Gegard has always been my fav MMA personality. Just doesn’t give a fuck most of the time, which makes people think he isn’t trying a lot of the time since he looks bored
He even looks bored fighting. He is beating the shit oit of people and looks like he isnt even trying.

I keep hearing the word sigma around here, is that what Gegard is ? Not insulting and if it is I take it back he is just the shit is all.

The only thing that weirded me out was insistence that Machida was a juicer. Machida with his background, having that strong father figure as mentor I dont see him being the kind of guy who resorts to cheating. I don't even remember him so much as landing an eye poke

Alright boys it’s Thursday so I guess I’ll start getting a little excited about the fights. I really hope Salter gives Mousasi some trouble. Watched Gegard’s interviews and this dude just looks like he doesn’t give a fuck. Which isn’t new but it’s particularly alarming because he’s outright saying he doesn’t even know who’s in Bellator’s MW division. Gegard is filthy so he could half-ass and still win a lot of fights but if he continues to underestimate somebody is bound to give him trouble. This is still high level mma after all.

Magomedov vs Stots is a great fight .. I wonder how it will play out though. Tiger has some amazing grappling but Stots is a physical freak of nature at BW. It really is a great clash and the winner should fight Sergio if Horiguchi doesn't get the shot NYE

MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)

• Champion Gegard Mousasi (185) vs. John Salter (185)
  • Sabah Homasi (171) vs. Andrey Koreshkov (170.75)
  • Magomed Magomedov (135.75) vs. Raufeon Stots (136)
  • Everett Cummings (257) vs. Davion Franklin (264)
  • Khadzimurat Bestaev (185) vs. Ty Gwerder (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6:30 p.m. ET)

• Roberta Samad (146) vs. Pam Sorenson (145.75)
  • Justin Montalvo (155.75) vs. Kendly St-Louis (162.5)*
  • Jeffrey Glossner (142) vs. Sebastian Ruiz (141.74) – 142-pound contractweight
  • Jon McNeil (195) vs. Orlando Mendoza (194) – 195-pound contractweight
* = St-Louis misses weight by 6.5 pounds, fight canceled

Magomedov vs Stots is a great fight .. I wonder how it will play out though. Tiger has some amazing grappling but Stots is a physical freak of nature at BW. It really is a great clash and the winner should fight Sergio if Horiguchi doesn't get the shot NYE
Magomedov by decision, IMO.

Alright boys it’s Thursday so I guess I’ll start getting a little excited about the fights. I really hope Salter gives Mousasi some trouble. Watched Gegard’s interviews and this dude just looks like he doesn’t give a fuck. Which isn’t new but it’s particularly alarming because he’s outright saying he doesn’t even know who’s in Bellator’s MW division. Gegard is filthy so he could half-ass and still win a lot of fights but if he continues to underestimate somebody is bound to give him trouble. This is still high level mma after all.
Salter has two things going against him which make me think Mousasi will pretty much run over him late:

Thye've gameplanned for him before for the Van Steenis fight, so that's some experience they'll have going in, and Salter's cardio is mediocre at best.

Stots/Magomedov is more intriguing imo, if Magomed dominates then I'll pretty much trust any russian over americans in terms of wrestling.

Salter has two things going against him which make me think Mousasi will pretty much run over him late:

Thye've gameplanned for him before for the Van Steenis fight, so that's some experience they'll have going in, and Salter's cardio is mediocre at best.

Stots/Magomedov is more intriguing imo, if Magomed dominates then I'll pretty much trust any russian over americans in terms of wrestling.
How do you think Mousasi gets it done? By finish or decision? I say anything less than a finish is disappointing. And the Magomedov fight will tell us a lot because even if he's technically more efficient than Stots with his grappling, will that be enough to overcome Stots size and speed advantage? Stots is a specimen at 135

How do you think Mousasi gets it done? By finish or decision? I say anything less than a finish is disappointing. And the Magomedov fight will tell us a lot because even if he's technically more efficient than Stots with his grappling, will that be enough to overcome Stots size and speed advantage? Stots is a specimen at 135

Moose plays with his food a bit sometimes, I think he gets a tiring Salter out of there in the 4th

Stots vs Magomedov will be so fun. Especially that it's a 3 round fight, so like Dom said casting last week, 3 rounds for BW is a sprint. Should be 2 angry ferrets in there snapping at each other nonstop for 15 minutes.

Moose plays with his food a bit sometimes, I think he gets a tiring Salter out of there in the 4th
I'm thinking it goes that way too, just not sure if by submission or strikes. Watching the weigh-ins now, can't believe Stots is +425. Thought it would be way closer than that

I'm thinking it goes that way too, just not sure if by submission or strikes. Watching the weigh-ins now, can't believe Stots is +425. Thought it would be way closer than that

I think so too, whoever manages to implement their grappling will look like they should have been a big favourite imo.

Magomed had some issues keeping Mattos down though and Stots is a mich better wrestler and much more athletic than him.

one of the best prelim cards i've ever seen.......................

I'm thinking Mousasi gets a TKO in the 4th. I'd take that prop if I didn't live in a place where MMA is so niche that we only get MLs.

The one thing Magomed will have over Stots is that he only needs one opening to get a sub, Raufeon is a 15-minute fighter against anyone competent.

Back